I wanted to make something super healthy yet very delicious for breakfast. Okanagan wine grapes are in season and they added delicious flavour to this smoothie. Adding more great nutrition and fibre I included steel cut oats that were ground to a fine powder. Who needs to buy expensive protein powders when you can make them yourself! I did not add any form of sweetener to my shake as I found it tasty just as is. If your sweet tooth craves it, add a bit of honey or stevia. Almond Breeze has so many tasty varieties of almond milk - even Chocolate! It comes in Refrigerated or Shelf stable options. I loved the taste of Almond Breeze - it was "Almondiciously Good"!
Almond Breeze Steel Cut Oats Smoothie
- ¼ cup steel cut oats finely ground to powder consistency
- 1 cup Almond Breeze Orignal or any other Almond Breeze variety
- ½ cup wine grapes
- ½ cup ice cubes
- honey or stevia to sweeten optional
- Finely grind steel cut oats in blender to powder consistency.
- Add Almond Breeze milk, fruit and ice cubes.
- Blend until well mixed.
- optional - add a tad of honey or stevia is you like it a bit sweeter.
Another smoothie you will enjoy is my recipe for Superfood Smoothie
Another great recipe using almond milk is my Dairy Free Potato Soup