I am always looking for ways to start my day off on the right foot with a nutrient dense breakfast. A while ago I did a post for “Superfood Breakfast“. This breakfast plate included an eclectic array of ingredients that I thought would work well in a smoothie. Something easy and on the go for those busy mornings or after school snack. The only ingredient I couldn’t bring myself to adding was the hard-boiled egg. My recipe for Superfood Smoothie is loaded with healthy ingredients and tastes pretty good. I make this often for breakfast or even lunch. It feels great to start the day off knowing you’ve fueled your body with some supercharged healthy food!
- 12 raw almonds
- 3/4 cup plain sugar-free Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp hemp seed
- 1 tbsp chia seed
- 1/4 cup fresh Kale
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 avocado
- 1/2 packet stevia optional
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- In blender, grind almonds to fine crumbs.
- Add yogurt, kale, hemp and chia seed, blend together for a few seconds.
- Add raspberries, blueberries, avocado, stevia and ice cubes.
- Blend until smooth
Here is another smoothie recipe I’m sure you will enjoy, Almond Steel Cut Oats Smoothie