Healthy homemade Quinoa Crunch Cereal is loaded with healthy ingredients. It tastes great as a breakfast cereal or topping for yogurt or salad.
Quinoa is a gluten-free grain that is high in protein and fibre, making it a perfect addition to homemade breakfast cereals. This recipe uses maple syrup as a sweetener, which is a much healthier alternative to refined sugar.
To make this cereal even healthier, you can add other ingredients like chia seeds, hemp seed, flaxseed, sesame seeds, or dried fruit.
Don't save this cereal just for breakfast, it is great for a mid-day snack or post work-out snack. Quinoa crunch cereal is a tasty topping for yogurt, salads or smoothies. I add some to my strawberry oatmeal recipe.
This recipe is comes from one of my favorite cookbooks, Nourish, whole foods recipes featuring Seeds, Nuts & Beans.
This homemade granola recipe is easy to make, nutritionally dense, and tastes amazing!
Quinoa Crunch Cereal
- 2 cups quinoa rinsed
- 1 cup raw almonds chopped
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon organic canola oil
- Preheat oven to 375º F Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rinse quinoa.
- Toss together quinoa, almonds, pumpkin seeds, maple syrup and oil.
- Spread on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until toasty and fragrant, 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
- Store cereal in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 month.
Is the quinoa supposed to be cooked first? Or just dry uncooked?
hi Morgan, dry uncooked.
So do u wash the quinoa and dry it and then use it?
the quinoa just has to be rinsed as it will be oven roasted.