This healthy homemade Quinoa Crunch Cereal is a recipe from a wonderful book I had the opportunity to review; "Nourish - Recipes featuring Seeds, Nuts and Beans" by Nettie Cronish and Cara Rosenbloom.
One of the fun things I get to do as a blogger is review new cookbooks. This cookbook I had the pleasure of perusing, Nourish: Recipes featuring Seeds, Nuts & Beans is loaded with exceptional health conscious recipes. The book is all about eating a variety of whole unprocessed foods that are close to nature. Vegetarian Chef Nettie Cronish and registered dietitian Cara Rosenbloom have combined their talents to publish a book loaded with delicious, nutritious recipes and helpful healthy eating tips.
*Disclaimer: I received this cookbook free from Whitecap Books. The opinions expressed are 100% my own!
I enjoyed trying out many of this book's nutritionally dense recipes. The recipes are simple and uncomplicated with easy to follow instructions. One of the recipes I enjoyed the most was Quinoa Crunch Cereal. This stuff tastes amazing on on plain Greek yogurt! Quinoa Crunch Cereal is also very tasty sprinkled on top of salad, or just plain in a bowl with milk. Best yet, it only takes 15 minutes to make!
Quinoa Crunch Cereal
- 2 cups quinoa 500 ml, rinsed
- 1 cup sliced raw almonds 250 ml, I just smashed up some whole ones
- ¼ cup raw sesame seeds 60 ml, I substituted pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup 30 ml
- 2 tbsp organic canola oil 30 ml
- Preheat oven to 375º. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rinse quinoa.
- In a medium bowl, mix together quinoa, almonds, sesame seeds, maple syrup and oil.
- Spread on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until toasty and fragrant, 10-12 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and let cool completely.
- Store cereal in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 month.
- Serve atop yogurt or with milk.
Thanks to Whitecap books, Nettie Cronish and Cara Rosenbloom and an awesome group of bloggers.