Spring Fresh Asparagus and Gruyere Cheese Quiche is a wonderful recipe to make for breakfast, brunch and special occasions like Mother's Day. This exceptional quiche recipe is so quick and easy to prepare.
Spring is such a wonderful time of the year. The trees start to bud and produce beautiful blossoms and the perennials poke their heads out of the ground. As well, the grocery stores begin to supply a tasty collection of fresh seasonal produce. One of my favourite spring vegetables is asparagus. You will love this delicious quiche recipe that is loaded with fresh asparagus! Spring Fresh Asparagus and Gruyere Cheese Quiche is splendidly balanced with the flavours of crisp bacon and smooth, nutty Gruyere cheese.
I was excited to be working with Tenderflake for this recipe. Tenderflake is a brand I trust and have been using for years. Guaranteed to get the flakiest pastry every time with a baked from scratch taste! These pie shells are convenient, Og trans fat, and take the stress out of making pastry from scratch.
Spring Fresh Asparagus and Gruyere Cheese Quiche
- 2 Tenderflake pie shells
- 6 ounces bacon chopped use less fatty more meaty bacon
- ½ cup onion finely chopped
- 8 ounces fresh asparagus chopped
- 1 ½ cups gruyere cheese shredded
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- pinch of nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Pan fry bacon until crisp.
- Add onion and asparagus, cook until asparagus is tender but still crisp, 6-8 minutes.
- Transfer to bowl and set aside to cool.
- Whisk together eggs and cream.
- Add a pinch of nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Toss together shredded cheese and asparagus mixture.
- Spread evenly into pie crust.
- Pour egg mixture on top.
- Arrange several asparagus tips on top to decorate.
- From second pie shell, cut small shapes.
- Place over lapping around edge of quiche.
- Bake 50-60 minutes until center of quiche is set. If top begins to brown too much cover loosely with foil and continue baking.
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
The Tenderflake Test Kitchen is a place where pie and pastry expectations are defied and tasty experimentation reigns. The social content and recipes that comes out of the Tenderflake Test Kitchen’s explorations give people the inspiration they want to take their meals, snacks, and entertaining to the next level.
For another great breakfast or brunch recipe check out my Hearty Breakfast Skillet.