Crisp and light, these Crab Stuffed Snow Peas are a great appetizer you can make ahead. They will be a hit appetizer at your next party!
Crab Stuffed Snow Peas make a refreshing appetizer or anytime light snack. One key tip is to only slightly blanch the pea pods to keep them nice and crisp. Do not over cook the pea pods or you will have soggy pods instead of a nice crisp bite. For the crab mixture, the better quality of crab you use the better the flavour will be. You can use canned or fresh cooked crab in this recipe.
Crab Stuffed Snow Peas
Crisp and light, these Crab Stuffed Snow Peas will be a hit appetizer at your next party!
- 2 dozen Snow Peas
- 8 oz Crab meat
- 1 hard boiled egg chopped
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon celery finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon green onion finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Blanch pea pods by pouring boiling water over them, let stand about 20 seconds.
- Drain and immediately rinse with ice cold water.
- Slit peas open on top side, keep chilled while you prepare filling.
- Combine together crab, egg, mayonnaise, celery, green onion and mustard.
- Stuff each pea pod with filling.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to eat.
adapted from Company's Coming cookbook, Appetizers.
Calories: 19kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 2gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 91mgPotassium: 24mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 21IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 5mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @ArtAndTheKitchen or tag #ArtAndTheKitchen!
More Great Appetizer Recipes
Leave a Reply