Crisp and light, these Crab Stuffed Snow Peas will be a hit appetizer at your next party!
Crab Stuffed Snow Peas are a light and refreshing appetizer. The pea pods are slightly blanched to keep them nice and crisp. Do not over cook the pea pods or you will have soggy pods instead of a nice crisp bite. For the crab mixture, the better quality of crab you use the better the flavour will be. You can use canned or fresh cooked crab in this recipe.
Crab Stuffed Snow Peas
Crisp and light, these Crab Stuffed Snow Peas will be a hit appetizer at your next party!Print Rate
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 2 dozen
- 2 dozen Snow Peas
- 5 oz Crab meat
- 1 hard boiled egg chopped
- 2 tbsp . mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp . celery finely chopped
- 2 tbsp . green onion finely chopped
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- Blanch pea pods by pouring boiling water over them, let stand about 20 seconds.
- Drain and immediately rinse with ice cold water.
- Slit peas open on top side, keep chilled while you prepare filling.
- Combine together crab, egg, mayonnaise, celery, green onion and mustard.
- Stuff each pea pod with filling.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to eat.
adapted from Company's Coming cookbook, Appetizers.