Cucumber salad bites are a tasty, decorative way to eat salad, garnish a plate or serve as a healthy appetizer. Cucumber rollups are an easy to make, low calorie snack.
Serve these low calorie salad bites with your favorite dressing or try my homemade Ranch Dip or Tzatziki Dip. Drizzle some salad dressing on top of the cucumber bites or use a side dish for dipping. Stuff with your favorite salad greens, avocado and colorful peppers. Slices of grilled chicken or beef can also be added to these healthy appetizer bites.
Tips for assembling cucumber bites.
Slice the the cucumber thin so it rolls easily, yet thick enough to hold everything inside.
Tying the cucumber with an edible green onion is very decorative, but you can also use a toothpick to hold the cucumber slice together.
These salad bites are best served soon after making so the fresh vegetables do not wilt and the avocado does not turn brown.
Cucumber Salad Bites
- 1 bunch lettuce greens use a variety of greens
- 1 avocado
- ½ yellow bell pepper
- ½ red bell pepper
- 1 english cucumber
- 8 green onions
- Slice cucumber into thin slices.
- Slice avocado and bell peppers.
- Tear lettuce greens into bite sized pieces.
- Roll the cucumber and tie with green onion to hold.
- Stuff with the lettuce greens, avocado and peppers.