Homemade Tzatziki Sauce is a delicious, creamy combination of yogurt and cucumber.
Delightfully refreshing, Homemade Tzatziki Sauce is made with fresh cucumbers, lemon and creamy Greek yogurt. This is a perfect dip for grilled chicken or beef kebobs and of course pita bread. For the ultimate flavour be sure to use fresh herbs and veggies! This is my favourite side to serve with Lemon Herb Chicken Kebabs.
One important step in making this sauce is to fully drain the excess water from the cucumbers or you will have watery sauce. I also found full fat Greek yogurt works best for this recipe.
Homemade Tzatziki Sauce
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ clove garlic very finely minced
- ¼ cup red onion finely diced
- ½ English cucumber
- 2 tablespoon fresh dill chopped or 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 2 tablespoon fresh chives chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Dice cucumbers, sprinkle with salt and place in sieve for at least 30 minutes to remove extra moisture from cucumbers.
- Combine all remaining ingredients together, mix well.
- Add drained cucumbers to yogurt mix.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
Now you have me craving shish kebabs and grilled Greek chicken! Perfect with your yummy tzatziki!
Thank you Liz, I can hardly wait until our snow melts and we pull out the BBQ to start grilling.