I love Homemade Tzatziki Sauce and this recipe is delicious. This traditional Greek Sauce is perfect for dipping or serving with grilled meats.
Delightfully refreshing, Homemade Tzatziki Sauce is made with fresh cucumbers, lemon and creamy Greek yogurt. This is a perfect dip for grilled chicken or beef kebobs and of course pita bread. For the ultimate flavour be sure to use fresh herbs and veggies!
Homemade Tzatziki Sauce
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 clove garlic very finely minced
- 1/4 cup red onion finely diced
- 1/2 English cucumber
- 2 tbsp fresh dill chopped or 1 tbsp dried dill
- 2 tbsp fresh chives chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Dice cucumbers, sprinkle with salt and place in sieve for at least 30 minutes to remove extra moisture from cucumbers.
- Combine all remaining ingredients together, mix well.
- Add drained cucumbers to yogurt mix.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to use.