Delicious tasting Best Ever Brussels Sprouts are oven roasted to perfection with bacon and mushrooms. A favorite side dish for Holiday dinner.
Oven roasted brussels sprouts are delicious and so quick and easy to prepare. Oven roasting results in sweet caramelized sprouts, with a nice char and crunch to them. The addition of mushrooms and bacon take these little cabbage like vegetables to a whole new level of tasty!
Some helpful tips for making the perfect roasted brussels sprouts
- Toss in a generous amount of olive oil.
- Make sure oven is preheated to 350º before putting sprouts in oven.
- Spread out on cookie sheet so sprouts are not touching or overlapping.
- Cut large ones in half
- Use meaty bacon cutting off excess fat.
Best Ever Brussels Sprouts
- 1 lb brussels sprouts trimmed
- 8 slices bacon excess fat cut off
- 3 cups mushrooms sliced
- 6 green onions sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/3 tsp fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350º F
- Trim brussels sprouts, cutting large ones in half.
- Slice mushrooms and green onions.
- Remove excess fat from bacon and chop into pieces.
- Place brussels sprouts and mushrooms onto cookie sheet.
- Pour olive oil over vegetables and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle bacon and green onions on top.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast 350º F oven for approximately 30 minutes turning after 15 minutes. Roast until nicely browned and caramelized.