Delicious tasting Best Ever Brussels Sprouts are oven roasted to perfection with bacon and mushrooms. A favorite side dish!
This simple recipe makes a great side dish for all your Holiday meals. Oven roasted which results in sweet caramelized brussels sprouts, mushrooms and bacon. These little cabbage like vegetables are seriously addictive when roasted, producing a nice char and crunch.
Some helpful tips for making the perfect roasted brussels sprouts
- Toss in a generous amount of olive oil.
- Make sure oven is preheated to 350º before putting sprouts in oven.
- Spread out on cookie sheet so sprouts are not touching or overlapping.
- Cut large brussels sprouts in half
- Use meaty bacon cutting off excess fat.
Best Ever Brussels Sprouts
- 1 lb brussels sprouts trimmed
- 8 slices bacon excess fat cut off
- 3 cups mushrooms sliced
- 6 green onions sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/3 tsp fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350º F
- Trim brussels sprouts, cutting large ones in half.
- Slice mushrooms and green onions.
- Remove excess fat from bacon and chop into pieces.
- Place brussels sprouts and mushrooms onto cookie sheet.
- Pour olive oil over vegetables and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle bacon and green onions on top.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast 350º F oven for approximately 30 minutes turning after 15 minutes. Roast until nicely browned and caramelized.
For another great side dish recipe check out my Best Ever Green Bean Casserole