Delicious tasting Best Ever Brussels Sprouts are oven roasted to perfection with bacon and mushrooms. A favorite side dish for Holiday dinner.
Oven roasted brussels sprouts are delicious and so quick and easy to prepare. Oven roasting results in sweet caramelized sprouts, with a nice char and crunch to them. The addition of mushrooms and bacon take these little cabbage like vegetables to a whole new level of tasty!
Some helpful tips for making the perfect roasted brussels sprouts
- Toss in a generous amount of olive oil.
- Make sure oven is preheated to 350º before putting sprouts in oven.
- Spread out on cookie sheet so sprouts are not touching or overlapping.
- Cut large ones in half
- Use meaty bacon cutting off excess fat.
Best Ever Brussels Sprouts
- 1 lb brussels sprouts trimmed
- 8 slices bacon excess fat cut off
- 3 cups mushrooms sliced
- 6 green onions sliced
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅓ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350º F
- Trim brussels sprouts, cutting large ones in half.
- Slice mushrooms and green onions.
- Remove excess fat from bacon and chop into pieces.
- Place brussels sprouts and mushrooms onto cookie sheet.
- Pour olive oil over vegetables and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle bacon and green onions on top.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast 350º F oven for approximately 30 minutes turning after 15 minutes. Roast until nicely browned and caramelized.
More Tasty side dishes to try
Best Ever Green Bean Casserole
Perfect Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Leave a Reply