Taco Beef Grilled Cheese Sandwich is loaded with seasoned ground beef, avocado, tomatoes and melted cheese. The ultimate grilled cheese sandwich!
It is Grilled Cheese sandwich month so I thought I would make a grilled cheese sandwich with a bit of a Mexican twist. Taco Beef Grilled Cheese Sandwiches may be a bit messy but they are so delicious. This sandwich pairs perfectly with my Roasted Garlic Tomato Basil Soup.
Soup recipes that go great with a grilled cheese sandwich
Taco Beef Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 6 ounces extra lean ground beef
- ½ packet taco seasoning mix
- ¾ cup shredded cheese (Mexican blend) cheddar/mozzarella also works
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 tomato sliced
- ½ cup lettuce shredded
- 4 slices bread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Using a large skillet combine together ground beef and taco seasoning. Cook until the ground beef is done.
- While the ground beef is cooking, slice the tomato, avocado and shred the lettuce.
- Drain any excess fat from the ground beef.
- Generously butter slices of bread.
- Spread cooked ground beef on slice of bread, top with the shredded cheese.
- Place buttered side down in frying pan and cook over medium heat until bread is nicely toasted and cheese is melted.
- Add tomato slice, avocado and shredded lettuce. Top with bread slice.
- Flip and toast the other side until golden brown.
Alternative cooking method using the oven.
- Turn oven to broil. Oven rack should be in second highest position.
- Start with grilling the sandwich on stovetop. Place one slice of bread, topped with cooked ground beef and shredded cheese in an oven proof skillet.
- Fry until bread is toasted. Transfer skillet to the oven and broil for a few minutes to completely melt the cheese.
- Add the tomato, avocado slices and shredded lettuce. Top with the second slice of bread (butter side up) and toast under the broiler until bread is golden brown.