I heard it was Grilled Cheese sandwich month so I thought I would make a grilled cheese sandwich with a bit of a Mexican twist. Taco Beef Grilled Cheese Sandwiches may be a bit messy but they are so delicious. This sandwich pairs perfectly with my Roasted Garlic Tomato Basil Soup.
Taco Beef Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- ½ lb extra lean ground beef
- ½ packet taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup shredded tex mex cheese cheddar/mozzarella is great as well
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 tomato sliced
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 4 slices bread
- 2-4 tbsp butter
- In frying pan add taco seasoning to ground beef and cook until done.
- While the beef is browning slice up tomato, avocado and shred lettuce
- Once ground beef is cooked drain any extra fat off.
- Turn oven to broil
- Generously butter one side of bread
- Top unbuttered side of bread with ground beef, then top with shredded cheese.
- Place buttered side down in frying pan and cook over medium heat until bread is nicely browned.
- If making sandwich with a generous amount of ground beef follow next 2 steps.
- Transfer frying pan to oven and broil for a few minutes until cheese is melted. I find if you try to grill the sandwich completely on the stovetop by the time the cheese is melted the bread is burnt. So a few minutes under the broiler works great.
- Place second slice of bread under broiler to toast.
- Once cheese is melted remove from oven. Top with slices of tomato, avocado and shredded lettuce. Top with 2 slice of toasted bread.