The bold flavour of blue cheese combined with tender steak make a delicious appetizer that is simple to prepare! Steak and Blue Cheese Bites will have everyone loving blue cheese.
I was invited by Castello to create a recipe for Melt Magazine Bloggers Challenge Four. My recipe Steak and Castello Blue Cheese Bites used the exceptional flavour of Castello Blue Cheese to make these easy to prepare appetizers. Perfect for snacking on for movie night at home.
Steak and Blue Cheese Bites
- 6 oz tenderloin steak
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 large sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 cloves garlic smashed
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 container crescent roll dough
- half wedge Castello Blue Cheese cut 12- 2" slivers
- 4 dried figs sliced
- Generously season steak with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over high heat.
- Add olive oil and butter.
- Carefully drop steak into skillet.
- Add thyme and garlic.
- Sear steak on both side for approximately 3 minutes each side.
- While steak is cooking, tilt the skillet slightly and spoon hot butter/oil over steak.
- Remove from skillet and allow to rest 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Cut steak into 1" long x ¼" thick slices.
- Unroll crescent dough and cut into 12 triangular pieces.
- Place a slice of steak on the wide side of the crescent triangle.
- Top with a slice of dried fig and Blue Cheese.
- Roll tightly and place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.