Do you have a collection of recipes that you haven’t made in a zillion years. It seems like with the social media sites and wonderful food bloggers out there we are always trying something new. Yesterday I decided to go through my recipe box and make an old time favourite, Sicilian Meatloaf. I have no idea where I got this recipe from as it was simply scribbled onto a recipe card. Can you believe we used to make a recipe that didn’t have a mouthwatering photo attached to it!
Enjoy this old time favorite Meatloaf recipe, an economical dish to feed the family, yet so delicious.
- 2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 3/4 cups bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 6-8 slices ham
- 6-8 slices mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl combine the eggs and tomato juice.
- Mix in the parsley, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the bread crumbs.
- Mix in the ground beef and combine well.
- Pat meat onto waxed paper in 10x8 inch pan.
- Arrange ham slices atop of meat.
- Arrange cheese slices atop of ham.
- Carefully roll up meat. Seal edges and ends.
- Place roll seam side down into 13x9x2 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 till done. About 1 hour 15 mins.
- Cover top with extra cheese slices, let melt.