The perfect Christmas cookies, this recipe for Eggnog White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies is loaded with delicious Holiday spice flavor!
Eggnog White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies recipe is one of my Christmas cookie favorites! The eggnog flavor really comes through in these soft, cake-like cookies. The addition of white chocolate chips and cranberries make these exceptionally tasty!
How to make the perfect Eggnog Cookies using these helpful tips.
- Gourmet or full fat creamy eggnog works best in this recipe. I found light eggnog was thinner and the cookies spread out and did not get the nice cake-like texture to them.
- Preheat the oven to 300ºF and line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Parchment paper is great for baking cookies. It makes for easy cleanup and prevents cookies from sticking to baking sheet.
- Make sure your butter is at room temperature, when gently pressed with your finger it makes an imprint. In addition, have eggs and eggnog at room temperature. This makes dough that keeps the cookies high and fluffy.
- Using the paddle attachment on your blender cream the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Measure flour by scooping it from the bag with a measuring cup, then level it even with a knife. In most recipes flour is never sifted before measuring unless the recipe specifically calls for it.
- I use a whisk to mix all the dry ingredients to ensure they are well combined.
- When mixing in the dry ingredients blend just until combined. Don’t overmix.
- For nice, even sized cookies I find a small cookie scoop works best.
- These Eggnog Cookies freeze well, great for making ahead of time. Freeze in layers separated by wax paper in well-sealed container.
The dough for these cookies is light and sticky, which gives the cookies a great cake-like texture.
A small sized cookie scoop makes it easy to place dough onto baking sheets and also helps to make perfectly sized cookies.
Same sized cookies spaced 1-2 inches apart.
Bake 300ºF for 16-18 minutes. I always bake using convection mode, so baking time may be a few minutes more in regular oven.
Eggnog White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup eggnog full fat
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300º F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In small bowl combine together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. I like to use a whisk to ensure ingredients are well combined.
- In mixing bowl with paddle attachment, beat together sugar and butter until fluffy.
- Add eggs and mix until combined.
- Add vanilla and eggnog, mix until well combined.
- Turn mixer to low speed and gradually add in dry ingredients. Mix only until combined.
- Add white chocolate chips and cranberries, blend just until combined. Don't overmix!
- Using small cookie scoop, drop cookies onto parchment line baking sheet 1 inch apart.
- Bake 300ºF for 16-18 minutes until edges are golden brown.
Looking for more tasty eggnog recipes to try, be sure to try these!
Creamy Eggnog Cheese Cake Squares
Smooth Eggnog Fudge
Moist Eggnog Bundt Cake