The filling for these Eggnog Cheesecake squares is ultra smooth and creamy with the combination of cream cheese and eggnog. The brownie crust is created with Holiday flavours of nutmeg, ginger, cloves and cinnamon.
You may want to double this recipe as it will fly off the dessert plate. A creamy layer of eggnog flavoured cheesecake on top of a chewy spice cake inspired brownie crust. Eggnog is one of those items that the grocery stores only stock during the Christmas season so be sure to add these treats to your Christmas Baking!
Eggnog Cheesecake Squares
- Ingredients for Spice Brownie Crust:
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 vanilla bean or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Eggnog Cheesecake Layer Ingredients
- 2 packages (8oz) cream cheese
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 vanilla bean or 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup full fat eggnog
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven 350º. Grease 8x8 inch cake pan.
- Blend together flour, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves and salt, set aside.
- With electric mixer beat butter and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Mix in vanilla and egg.
- Blend in flour mix just until combined, don't over mix.
- Pour into cake pan spread evenly.
- Bake 350º for 20 minutes or until top lightly browned.
- Prepare cheesecake batter while brownie crust bakes.
- Using electric mixer beat cream cheese with sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggnog and vanilla, mix until combined.
- On low speed add eggs, one at a time.
- When brownie based is baked, reduce heat to 300º.
- Remove from oven and pour cheesecake mixture on top of brownie base.
- Return to oven and continue to bake 40-50 minutes until top has browned slightly.
- Cool at room temperature, then cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg.
Enjoy these other tasty Holiday recipes, No Bake Triple Layer Pumpkin Pie