I love all kinds of shortbread, but my favorite is the kind that melt in your mouth like this traditional recipe for Mom's Whipped Shortbread Cookies. If you prefer a firmer shortbread cookie try this recipe Old Fashioned Shortbread Cookies.
As a kid, I have many fond memories of my Mom doing a ton of Christmas baking for our large family. She would bake all kinds of goodies, then put them in the freezer to keep until Christmas celebrations began. Like many, I discovered at a very young age that frozen baked stuff tasted awesome! How many of you, even today, take one little bite of your baking out of the freezer to nibble on.
Mom's Whipped Shortbread
- 1 cup butter (room temperature)
- ½ cup confectioners sugar
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 24 maraschino cherries pat dry
- Whip butter and sugar together with electric mixer until creamy.
- On low gradually add flour. When all flour is added, turn speed to high and whip for 8 minutes.
- Fill piping bag with batter, use extra large star or circle tip.
- Pipe dollop of batter on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Top each cookie with maraschino cherry.
- Bake 325 for 15- 17 minutes. Cool completely.
- Store in refrigerator ( this will also firm cookies if you find they are too crumbly)
More amazing cookie recipes to try.
- Best Ever Sugar Cookies - The only recipe I use to make perfect cutout cookies.
- Springerle Cookies - These cookies are so pretty, made using a decorative wood cookie mold.
- Candy Cane Sugar Cookies - Delicious tasting sugar cookie that uses candy cane sugar.
- Gingerbread Cookies - My go-to recipe for sensation cutout gingerbread cookies.
- Peanut Butter Cookies - Always a favorite cookie, I topped these with a whipped ganache.
- Eggnog White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies - These soft cake-like cookies are a must for Holiday baking.