Amazing recipe for creamy, smooth peanut butter fudge. After many batches of trial and error this is a best ever recipe for Creamy Peanut Butter Fudge.
Making fudge can be a bit finicky but with this best ever fudge recipe you will get great results every time. An additional bonus to this recipe is that you don't need a candy thermometer. Simply follow the steps as outlined and in no time you will be enjoying peanut butter fudge that is so smooth it melts in your mouth. I love the rich peanut butter flavor in this recipe and make it often.
Some key tips for making great fudge:
- Use quality ingredients for superior flavor.
- Grease spoon with a bit of butter before scooping marshmallow creme from jar.
- Stir continuously when boiling the sugar, milk and butter. Fudge scorches easily so keep stirring!!
- Keep your heat at medium, too high of heat will certainly burn the sugar mixture.
- Be sure to follow the method of combining the marshmallow creme, peanut butter chips and peanut butter together in a separate bowl, then pour the hot sugar sauce over. You will get a gritty grainy mess if you try adding the peanut butter chips to the hot pot.
Creamy Peanut Butter Fudge makes an awesome gift so make a couple of batches and fill decorative tins for a gift everyone will love. For more incredible fudge recipes check out these recipes Cookies and Cream Fudge, Eggnog Fudge and Candy Cane Fudge.
Creamy Peanut Butter Fudge
- 1 7 oz jar marshmallow creme I like Kraft best
- 1 10 oz pkg. peanut butter chips
- ⅓ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¾ cup butter
- 2 ½ cups sugar
- ⅔ cup evaporated milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Line 8x8 inch baking dish with foil. Lightly grease with butter.
- Using bowl from standing mixer stir together marshmallow cream, peanut butter chips and peanut butter. Set aside.
- In medium saucepan stir together butter, sugar and evaporated milk.
- Bring to a rolling boil on medium heat, stirring constantly!
- Continue boiling on medium heat for 4 minutes. Be sure to constantly stir to prevent scorching.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla extract, then pour over peanut butter marshmallow creme mixture.
- Using mixer with paddle attachment mix for 1 minute until peanut butter chips are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Pour into prepared baking dish. Let cool for about 20 minutes, then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until set (at least 3-4 hours)
- Cut into small pieces. Store in refrigerator in airtight container.
Great photo tutorial for steps to making amazing Peanut Butter Fudge.
Line 8x8 baking pan with foil, lightly butter.
Using bowl from standing mixer, stir together marshmallow creme, peanut butter chips and peanut butter.
Combine butter, sugar and evaporated milk in heavy saucepan. Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to boil, then continue to cook for 4 minutes. Stir continuously!!!
Remove from heat, stir in vanilla, then pour sugar mixture over marshmallow mixture.
Place on mixer and using paddle attachment beat on medium low speed for about 1 minute until all peanut butter chips are melted.
Immediately pour into prepared baking pan.
Let cool for about 20 minutes, then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate about 3-4 hours until fudge is set. Cut into small pieces. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
More Fantastic Fudge Recipes