This Candy Cane Fudge recipe is incredible! Creamy, smooth and loaded with candy cane flavour! A must make Holiday Treat.
This recipe starts with making candy cane sugar by simply grinding candy canes into a fine sugar. The candy cane sugar replaces some of the granulated sugar for exceptional candy cane flavour! I use pink/red coloured, cherry flavoured candy canes as they taste great and add a beautiful pink colour to the fudge.
Everyone enjoys fudge, especially during the Holiday season. Candy Cane Fudge makes the perfect Holiday treat or homemade gift. I buy beautiful decorative tins to fill with fudge for great hostess, office and last minutes gifts. Homemade treats are always a hit!
Candy Cane Fudge
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup candy canes finely ground I use pink/red coloured, cherry flavoured
- ¾ cup butter
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- pinch of salt
- 12 oz white chocolate chopped chips will work
- 1 7oz jar marshmallow creme
- Line 8x8 inch square baking dish with parchment paper.
- Using a food processor, grind about 6-7 candy canes to a fine sugar consistency to equal ½ cup
- In large mixing bowl stir together white chocolate chips and marshmallow creme. Set aside.
- In medium heavy saucepan, add granulated sugar, candy cane sugar, butter, heavy cream and salt.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring continuously.
- Continue to boil medium heat for 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and pour over white chocolate and marshmallow creme.
- Using electric mixer with paddle attachment blend for about 1 minute until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Pour into prepared baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until set. (at least 4 hours)
- Once set, cut into small bite sized pieces. Store in refrigerator in airtight container.
Try these other fantastic fudge recipes!
Your support of my blog is greatly appreciated!