A Cookies and Cream Fudge recipe that is so smooth and creamy. Made with rich white chocolate and delicious bits of Oreo cookies. One of my favorite Holiday fudge recipes!
Fudge can be a challenge to make, but not with this trusted recipe. I have tried a bunch of different Cookies and Cream Fudge recipes and this is my favorite. I adapted this recipe from a super fantastic blogger, Aimee from Shugary Sweets.
Fudge is something I consider an extra special treat, so I splurge by using fine quality white chocolate and a fresh vanilla bean. White chocolate chips will work as long as they are good quality. Pure vanilla extract will also work if you can't find vanilla beans. The marshmallow fluff adds a nice smooth texture to the fudge. I also use it in my Peanut Butter fudge recipe.
Ingredients for making the fudge.
- White Chocolate - I use good quality white chocolate for superior taste and creaminess. Best white chocolate is almost always sold in bar form and contains cocoa butter. Real white chocolate will melt and keep a smooth, silky consistency.
- Marshmallow Cream - This is also called marshmallow fluff. I find coating the measuring cup and spoon with a bit of butter makes it easier to remove from the jar.
- Sugar - just regular granulated white sugar.
- Heavy Cream - also called whipping cream, at least 35% milkfat.
- Butter - I usually bake with unsalted butter. Salted butter will work just fine, just add a tad less salt to the recipe.
- Vanilla bean- You get superior vanilla flavor using vanilla beans, but they are very expensive and not readily available. Pure vanilla extract is a great substitution.
- Oreo Cookies - Chop into chunks trying to leave the sandwich layer intact. I don't add the crumbs to the fudge as I like a nice separation of cookie chunks and white fudge.
Home-baked treats make terrific gifts. I buy beautiful decorative tins and fill them with decadent fudge. A huge hit, every time!
This post was originally published on November 16,2016. Occasionally I update with fresh tips, content, and photos. Current update December 5, 2022.
Cookies and Cream Fudge
- 11 ounces white chocolate chopped good quality chocolate
- 1 7oz jar marshmallow creme (fluff) 2 cups
- 2 cups sugar
- ¾ cup heavy cream whipping cream
- ¾ cup butter
- pinch salt
- 1 vanilla bean or 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups oreo cookies chopped into chunks
- Line 8x8 inch square baking pan with foil, lightly butter. Parchment paper will also work.
- Using the bowl from your standing mixer, stir together white chocolate pieces and marshmallow creme. Set aside.
- In large saucepan combine butter, sugar, heavy cream, salt and vanilla.
- Cook over medium heat constantly stirring until mixture begins to boil.
- Boil for 4 minutes, stirring continuously. The mixture burns easily, so make sure to keep stirring.
- Remove from heat and pour over chocolate marshmallow mixture.
- Place bowl on mixer and beat for 1 minute until chocolate has fully melted.
- Remove bowl from mixer and stir in the Oreo cookie pieces. I do this by hand and try to avoid stirring in the fine crumbs. I don't add the crumbs to the fudge as I like a nice separation of cookie chunks and white fudge.
- Pour into baking pan and chill in the refrigerator until set (at least 4 hours)
- Cut into delicious bite sized pieces!