Cookies and Cream Fudge that is so smooth and creamy made with white chocolate and delicious bits of Oreo cookies. A Holiday favorite fudge recipe!
Fudge can be a challenge to make, but not with this trusted recipe. I have tried a bunch of different Cookies and Cream Fudge recipes and this is my favorite. I adapted this recipe from a super fantastic blogger, Aimee from Shugary Sweets.
Fudge is something I consider an extra special treat, so I splurge by using fine quality white chocolate and a fresh vanilla bean. Pure vanilla extract will also work if you can’t find vanilla beans. The marshmallow fluff adds a nice smooth texture to the fudge. I also use it in my Peanut Butter fudge recipe.
Ingredients for making the fudge.
- White Chocolate – I use good quality white chocolate for superior taste and creaminess. This white chocolate is almost always sold in bar form and contains cocoa butter.
- Marshmallow Cream – This is also called marshmallow fluff. I find coating the measuring cup and spoon with a bit of butter makes it easier to remove.
- Sugar – just regular granulated white sugar.
- Heavy Cream – also called whipping cream, at least 35% milkfat.
- Butter – I usually bake with unsalted butter. Salted butter will work just fine, just add a tad less salt to the recipe.
- Vanilla bean– You get superior vanilla flavor using vanilla beans, but they are very expensive and not readily available. Pure vanilla extract is a great substitution.
- Oreo Cookies – Chop into chunks trying to leave the sandwich layer intact. I don’t add the crumbs to the fudge as I like a nice separation of cookie chunks and white fudge.
Home-baked treats make terrific gifts. I buy beautiful decorative tins and fill them with decadent fudge. A huge hit, every time!
Here are some of my favorite fudge recipes!
Cookies and Cream Fudge
- 11 ounces white chocolate chopped good quality chocolate
- 1 7oz jar marshmallow creme 2 cups
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy cream whipping cream
- 3/4 cup butter
- pinch salt
- 1 vanilla bean or 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups oreo cookies chopped into chunks
- Line 8x8 inch square baking pan with foil, lightly butter.
- In the bowl from standing mixer, stir together white chocolate pieces and marshmallow creme. Set aside.
- In large saucepan combine butter, sugar, heavy cream, salt and vanilla.
- Cook over medium heat constantly stirring until mixture begin to boil.
- Boil for 4 minutes, stirring continuously. Mixture burns easily, so make sure to keep stirring.
- Remove from heat and pour over chocolate marshmallow mixture.
- Place bowl on mixer and beat for 1 minute until chocolate is fully melted.
- Remove from mixer and by hand stir in oreo cookie pieces.
- Pour into baking pan, refrigerate until set (at least 4 hours)
- Cut into delicious bite sized pieces!
Your support of my blog is greatly appreciated!
SAVE this recipe to your sweet treat PINTEREST board, and be sure to follow ArtandtheKitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!