This recipe for Avocado Citrus Salad is so light and refreshing with avocado, grapefruit, oranges tossed in a homemade poppyseed dressing.
Avocado Citrus Salad is one of my all-time favourite summer salad recipes that I make countless times throughout the summer. Delightfully refreshing combining crisp garden salad greens with the tangy flavour of orange and grapefruit. Top it off with creamy avocado and crunchy almonds, tossed with a light poppyseed dressing. An exceptional salad to serve with grilled chicken, beef or fish for dinner or add chilled shrimp for tasty, healthy lunch.
I love tossing nuts into salad, they add great flavour and a nice crunch. For Avocado Citrus Salad I used toasted slivered almonds , but cashews, pine nuts or even pistachios would go nicely.
Avocado Citrus Salad
This recipe for Avocado Citrus Salad is so light and refreshing with avocado, grapefruit, oranges tossed in a homemade poppyseed dressing.Print Rate
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 6 cups salad greens
- 2 medium grapefruit peeled and sectioned
- 3 navel oranges peeled and sectioned
- 1 ripe avocado peeled and sectioned
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- for dressing
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tsp poppy seeds
- 2 tsp finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp koscher salt
- Tear greens into bite sized pieces
- Cut grapefruit, oranges and avocado into bite sized pieces. Add to greens.
- To prepare poppyseed dressing, add all ingredients together in jar, cover and shake well to combine.
- Toss dressing into salad. Sprinkle with toasted almonds
Refreshing Poppyseed dressing really adds sensational flavour to this salad. Try it on any type of tossed salad.
Citrus and avocado is an exceptional flavour combination!
Toss the greens, grapefruit, oranges, avocado and almonds. Shake dressing well and drizzle over salad to coat.
Another terrific refreshing salad to try is my Cucumber Watermelon Salad.