Avocado Citrus Salad is a light, refreshing salad with avocado, grapefruit and oranges. I then toss in a homemade poppyseed dressing.
Avocado Citrus Salad is a recipe I make countless times throughout the summer. Delightfully refreshing this salad combines crisp garden greens with tangy orange and grapefruit. I topped this salad with creamy avocado and crunchy almonds. The dressing is a very tasty poppyseed vinaigrette. This exceptional salad is great served with grilled chicken, beef or fish. Adding shrimp to this salad also makes for a tasty lunch!
I love tossing nuts into salad, they add great flavour and a nice crunch. For Avocado Citrus Salad I used toasted slivered almonds , but cashews, pine nuts or even pistachios would go nicely as well.
Avocado Citrus Salad
This recipe for Avocado Citrus Salad is so light and refreshing with avocado, grapefruit, oranges tossed in a homemade poppyseed dressing.Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 6 cups salad greens
- 2 medium grapefruit peeled and sectioned
- 3 navel oranges peeled and sectioned
- 1 ripe avocado peeled and sectioned
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- for dressing
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tsp poppy seeds
- 2 tsp finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp koscher salt
- Tear greens into bite sized pieces
- Cut grapefruit, oranges and avocado into bite sized pieces. Add to greens.
- To prepare poppyseed dressing, add all ingredients together in jar, cover and shake well to combine.
- Toss dressing into salad. Sprinkle with toasted almonds
Calories: 330kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 208mg | Potassium: 501mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 33.2% | Vitamin C: 97.7% | Calcium: 8.3% | Iron: 5.3%
Refreshing Poppyseed dressing really adds sensational flavour to this salad. Try it on any type of tossed salad.
Citrus and avocado is an exceptional flavour combination!
Toss the greens, grapefruit, oranges, avocado and almonds. Shake dressing well and drizzle over salad to coat.
Another terrific summer salad to try is my Cucumber Watermelon Salad.