Moist and delicious loaded with banana flavour. This recipe for Best Banana Bread will not disappoint, so quick and easy to make.
It was time to do something with the over-ripe bananas I had in my kitchen creating an overwhelming ripe banana scent. I’ve tried many banana bread recipes over the years but always come back to this old-time favourite. My Best Banana Bread recipe makes two loaves or one cake size one. I occasionally use my square bundt pan to make a decorative loaf . This quick and easy recipe will have you enjoying fresh from the oven banana bread in no time!
Don’t you just love when recipes call for 3-4 bananas instead of how many cups. Seriously have you looked at the varying sizes of bananas. What is a medium banana? Is there a standard measurement for what is a small, medium or large banana? I’ve got you covered, I used 3 cups of bananas in this recipe. The sour cream added to the recipe makes for a moist banana bread. You can also substitute full fat greek yogurt.
Best Banana Bread
- 3 cups overripe bananas appx 6 medium sized
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup sour cream full fat greek yogurt will also work
- 3 cups flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- Lightly grease baking pan with butter.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In large mixing bowl blend together bananas and sugar until well combined.
- Mix in eggs, vegetable oil and vanilla.
- Add flour mix and combine. Don't overmix.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Pour into 2 greased loaf pans or 1 (10 cup size) Bundt cake pan.
- Bake 350º for about 50- 60 minutes.
- Check when toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Your support of my blog is greatly appreciated!