I love this recipe for making Best Banana Muffins that are light and moist. You may want to buy lots of bananas just to have over-ripe bananas to make this recipe!
Best Banana Muffins are incredibly soft and moist with tasty, crispy muffin tops. The muffin top is my favourite part, what is yours? This banana bread recipe is so quick and easy to make with simple ingredients. Another super recipe to try with overripe bananas is my Moist Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting.
How to make Best Every Banana Muffins
- Don’t over mix or your muffins will not be light and fluffy.
- Add chocolate chips, raisins or even nuts to the muffins if you like.
- Don’t over-bake. Test for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center and no wet batter on the toothpick.
- If you have overripe bananas and can’t use them right away seal them in a freezer bag (peels on) and freeze. Be sure to thaw completely to room temperature before using and remove excess liquid.
- If you prefer this recipe bakes nicely into a banana loaf or make into a terrific sweet treat by topping with some Cream Cheese Frosting .
Best Banana Muffins
- 1 ½ cup flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4 very ripe bananas 2 cups mashed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Place paper baking cups into muffin pan.
- Blend together flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- In mixing bowl on medium speed combine together bananas, sugar, egg, oil and vanilla.
- Add flour mix and mix low speed just until combined (don't over mix)
- Add milk, mix just until blended (don't over mix)
- Divide equally into muffin pan.
- Bake 350º for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in centre of muffin.
- If making into loaf, grease loaf pan. Baking time will be 50-60 minutes.
Your support of my blog is greatly appreciated!