My recipe for Best Banana Muffins makes light and moist muffins. You will want to buy lots of bananas just to have over-ripe bananas to make this recipe!
This recipe makes a dozen muffins or if you prefer 1 loaf. Best Banana Muffins are light and moist on the inside with a great crispy muffin top. My favourite part, the muffin top, which is yours? These muffins are quick and easy to whip up and will have your house smelling incredible in no time.
Best Banana Muffins
- 1 ½ cup flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4 very ripe bananas 2 cups mashed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Place paper baking cups into muffin pan.
- Blend together flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- In mixing bowl on medium speed combine together bananas, sugar, egg, oil and vanilla.
- Add flour mix and mix low speed just until combined (don't over mix)
- Add milk, mix just until blended (don't over mix)
- Divide equally into muffin pan.
- Bake 350º for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in centre of muffin.
- If making into loaf, grease loaf pan. Baking time will be 50-60 minutes.
These banana muffins make a tasty snack which can be made into a terrific sweet treat by topping with some Cream Cheese Frosting . Check out my Moist Banana Cake for another great recipe for using up those over ripe bananas.
Your support of my blog is greatly appreciated!