Confetti Cake Pops
- 1 white cake mix I used the one with the sprinkles in it
- 1 can of prepared icing
- 2 cups white chocolate
- 1 cup sprinkles
- Prepare cake mix as per box instructions.
- After cake is cooked and cooled completely, crumble into large bowl.
- Add frosting a couple of heaping tablespoons at a time, mix thoroughly. You may not need all the icing, consistency should be that of play dough.
- Use a small cookie scoop (this ensures all balls are same size) to make round balls of the cake mix. You'll need to roll the mix between the palm of your hands to make a nice round shape. Place on wax paper covered cookie sheet. (Should make 45-50)
- Melt about 2 cups White chocolate in double boiler.
- Dip the tip of a lollipop stick in a little of the melted chocolate and insert into the cake balls. (Insert a little less than halfway.)
- Refrigerator for 30-60 minutes so the pops can firm up and the chocolate on the stick hardens.
- Once firm, carefully insert the cake ball into the chocolate by holding the lollipop stick and rotating until covered. Once covered remove and softly tap and rotate until the excess chocolate falls off. Don’t tap too hard or the cake ball will fall off, too.
- Before chocolate hardens you can add sprinkles to add some colour.
- Place in a styrofoam block to dry or on wax paper if putting into mini cupcake papers.
Check out my recipe for Cake Pops that use a made from scratch chocolate cake and homemade icing.
If you enjoy this recipe, please come back and rate it and share to your Facebook and Pinterest boards. Thank you!