Homemade Playdough is so easy to make with this best ever, no cook playdough recipe. The kids will love this fun activity that will keep them busy for hours.
This non toxic, no cook playdough recipe can be customized with all of your favourite colours!
I have been making this same recipe for over 20 years. My son (who's now 22) and I had a blast and spent many hours making and playing with play dough. Today I had the ultimate helper, my little friend Sloan came over to help me whip up this batch of playdough. We had some serious belly laughs mixing all the ingredients together, squishing the colour into the dough, and getting flour all over the place.
Uncle Wayne joined in to help Sloan get all the ingredients ready.Be sure to use an extra large bowl to help contain the flour; kids love to stir things FAST! Covering countertops is also a wise idea so you don't stain them with the food colouring!
I love this no-cook playdough recipe as it safe to make with small children.
Now comes the fun part, mixing the food colouring into the play dough. Be sure to start by wearing plastic or rubber gloves or your child will have beautifully coloured hands that takes a while to wash out. We started by wearing our disposable gloves and once the colour was incorporated into the dough a bit the gloves came off.
Perfect, beautifully coloured homemade play dough that lasts for weeks and makes for hours of fun.
How to Make Best Ever No Cook Playdough
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup salt
- 4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 ¼ cups water
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- gel food colouring in a variety of colours
- In large bowl combine flour, salt and cream of tartar.
- In separate bowl combine water and oil together.
- While constantly stirring add water/oil to the flour mix. When dough becomes too stiff to blend with a spoon its time to start using your hands.
- Transfer dough to floured work surface and knead dough until all the flour is incorporated.
- Add more flour if necessary, until dough is no longer sticky.
- Separate dough into pieces. (how ever many different colours you want)
- Add about ⅛ teaspoon of food colouring and knead into playdough. (Be sure to wear disposable gloves until food colouring is worked into the playdough).
- Store playdough by wrapping tightly with plastic wrap and ziploc bags.