This Chocolate Ganache Valentine Cake is not only gorgeous, it tastes amazing! Rich chocolate cake covered in a creamy, smooth chocolate ganache.
I made this chocolate cake recipe into a Chocolate Ganache Valentine Cake, but it can be baked in any type of cake pan. In addition to glazing it with a rich chocolate ganache I decorated the centre with fresh berries and banana. Of course this is totally optional. You may also enjoy it with a cream cheese frosting like I used on my popular Banana Cake recipe.
After trying many chocolate cake recipes this is by far my best chocolate cake recipe. Chocolatey, moist and made from scratch! A perfect cake to serve after that romantic Valentine dinner or any special occasion.
This cake was my contribution to a great project hosted by Valerie from The Canadian Food Experience Project. Canadian Bloggers sharing My Canadian Love Affair
Chocolate Ganache Cake
Rich chocolate cake covered in a smooth creamy chocolate ganache.Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 2/3 cup butter softened
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder sifted
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- For Chocolate Ganache
- 10 ounces good quality chocolate chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp corn syrup
- Heat oven to 350 F
- Grease Valentine Bundt Pan or two 9-inch round baking pans.
- Beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla, combine well.
- In separate bowl mix together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add flour mix alternating with buttermilk to butter mixture, combine until mixed.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool 10 mins prior to inverting on wire rack.
- After cake is cooled coat with Chocolate Ganache
- For Chocolate Ganache: chop chocolate into small pieces, place in heavy bowl.
- Heat cream just to boiling point, remove from heat.
- Add corn syrup to cream, stir well, then immediately pour over chocolate.
- Let sit for about 2 minutes, then gently stir cream and chocolate together.
- Keep stirring gently until chocolate and cream are combined.
- Stir slowly or you will get air bubbles in the ganache.
- While still warm pour slowly and evenly to cover cake.
- Decorate centre with your favorite berries.
Calories: 538kcal | Carbohydrates: 64g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 99mg | Sodium: 326mg | Potassium: 326mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 42g | Vitamin A: 725IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 97mg | Iron: 3.2mg