This Chocolate Ganache Cake is not only gorgeous, it tastes amazing! Rich chocolate cake covered in a creamy, smooth chocolate ganache.
I made this chocolate ganache cake for a Valentine dessert in a decorative bundt cake pan. Bundt pans make even the simplest cake look pretty, but you can bake this cake in any type of cake pan. Topping this chocolate cake is a decadent and rich chocolate ganache. The centre is filled with fresh berries and bananas. Of course, this is totally optional. Another option for frosting this chocolate cake is my cream cheese frosting. This frosting recipe can be found on my popular Moist Banana Cake recipe.
After trying many chocolate cake recipes this is by far the best chocolate cake recipe ever! Rich chocolate flavor, moist and made from scratch! A perfect cake to make for special occasions.
Chocolate Ganache Cake is my contribution to a project hosted by Valerie, Canadian bloggers sharing My Canadian Love Affair collection of recipes.
This post was originally published on February 2, 2014. Occasionally I update with fresh tips, content, and photos. Current update February 8, 2021.
Chocolate Ganache Cake
- ⅔ cup butter softened
- 1 ¾ cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder sifted
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- For Chocolate Ganache
- 10 ounces good quality chocolate chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon corn syrup
- Heat oven to 350 F
- Grease Valentine Bundt Pan or two 9-inch round baking pans.
- Beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla, combine well.
- In separate bowl mix together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add flour mix alternating with buttermilk to butter mixture, combine until mixed.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool 10 mins prior to inverting on wire rack.
- After cake is cooled coat with Chocolate Ganache
- For Chocolate Ganache: chop chocolate into small pieces, place in heavy bowl.
- Heat cream just to boiling point, remove from heat.
- Add corn syrup to cream, stir well, then immediately pour over chocolate.
- Let sit for about 2 minutes, then gently stir cream and chocolate together.
- Keep stirring gently until chocolate and cream are combined.
- Stir slowly or you will get air bubbles in the ganache.
- While still warm pour slowly and evenly to cover cake.
- Decorate centre with your favorite berries.
thank you so much Sarah.
I really enjoy Valerie's Canadian Food Experience Project and connecting Canadian Food Bloggers, followed you on FB and Twitter, Google+
Great photos Laureen- from Alex's camera man
Thank you, I wish I had a camera man, computer man, and an Seo man 🙂
Love this cake! Where can I find Heart Bundt Cake Pan?
Hi Wilma, you can buy off Amazon.
Nordic Ware Elegant Heart Bundt Pan
Just made your tasty cake. Quite tasty! What brand of cocoa powder and chocolate for the ganache do you use? (I used Ghirardelli cocoa and 60% chocolate chips, so it was quite a dark chocolate, and not too sweet.) My ganache was a little lumpy-ish, wish you had a video on making it. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Hi Harriet, I usually use Hershey cocoa powder and good quality chocolate like Callebaut. I will try to make a ganache video.
Thank you for the chocolate brands information! I look forward to your ganache video in the future 😋 Fortunately, my family seems to really be enjoying the 60% Cocoa just fine, even the young grands; I still want to make it next time with your suggestions.