This Chocolate Ganache Cake is not only gorgeous, it tastes amazing! Rich chocolate cake covered in a creamy, smooth chocolate ganache.
I made this chocolate ganache cake for a Valentine dessert in a decorative bundt cake pan. Bundt pans make even the simplest cake look pretty, but you can bake this cake in any type of cake pan. Topping this chocolate cake is a decadent and rich chocolate ganache. The centre is filled with fresh berries and bananas. Of course, this is totally optional. Another option for frosting this chocolate cake is my cream cheese frosting. This frosting recipe can be found on my popular Banana Cake recipe.
After trying many chocolate cake recipes this is by far the best chocolate cake recipe ever! Rich chocolate flavor, moist and made from scratch! A perfect cake to make for special occasions.
Chocolate Ganache Cake
Rich chocolate cake covered in a smooth creamy chocolate ganache.
- ⅔ cup butter softened
- 1 ¾ cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder sifted
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- For Chocolate Ganache
- 10 ounces good quality chocolate chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon corn syrup
- Heat oven to 350 F
- Grease Valentine Bundt Pan or two 9-inch round baking pans.
- Beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla, combine well.
- In separate bowl mix together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add flour mix alternating with buttermilk to butter mixture, combine until mixed.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool 10 mins prior to inverting on wire rack.
- After cake is cooled coat with Chocolate Ganache
- For Chocolate Ganache: chop chocolate into small pieces, place in heavy bowl.
- Heat cream just to boiling point, remove from heat.
- Add corn syrup to cream, stir well, then immediately pour over chocolate.
- Let sit for about 2 minutes, then gently stir cream and chocolate together.
- Keep stirring gently until chocolate and cream are combined.
- Stir slowly or you will get air bubbles in the ganache.
- While still warm pour slowly and evenly to cover cake.
- Decorate centre with your favorite berries.
Calories: 539kcalCarbohydrates: 65gProtein: 7gFat: 29gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 100mgSodium: 316mgPotassium: 319mgFiber: 4gSugar: 42gVitamin A: 727IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 94mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
More sensational cake recipes:
Chocolate Ganache Cake is my contribution to a project hosted by Valerie, Canadian bloggers sharing My Canadian Love Affair.