Do you ever have trouble with dry, tough pork chops? This simple recipe for Panko Crusted Pork Chops will guarantee you great tasting pork chops that are tender and juicy!
I use panko bread crumbs for adding an extra crisp coating to the pork chops. Cooking time on Panko Crusted Pork Chops can vary quite a bit depending on the thickness of your pork chops. For thin pork chops pan frying on the stove top should be all that is required. For thicker pork chops I usually pan fry until they are golden brown on the outside, then transfer to a 350º oven to complete cooking. One of the best kitchen tools I ever invested in was a digital meat thermometer. It takes the guess work out of cooking meat to correct temperature.
Panko Crusted Pork Chops
Tender, juicy pork chops with a crisp panko coating
- 4 thick cut pork chops
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- olive oil for frying
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Set up 3 stations, I use pie plates for this.
- Station 1 - flour
- Station 2- mix together eggs and milk
- Station 3 - mix together panko bread crumbs, paprika, garlic powder, thyme, salt & pepper
- Heat olive oil to large frying pan.
- Dust pork chops with flour, shake off excess.
- Immediately dip into egg mixture.
- Then press into bread crumb mixture ensuring good coating of bread crumbs.
- Brown pork chops medium heat just until golden brown on each side.
- Transfer to baking pan to finish cooking in the oven for thicker cut pork chops.
- Cook at 350º for 30-40 minutes or internal temperature of 165 degrees.
Calories: 446kcalCarbohydrates: 24gProtein: 56gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 239mgSodium: 860mgPotassium: 914mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 265IUCalcium: 97mgIron: 3.3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Enjoy these other pork chop recipes, Pork Chops Cordon Bleu and Pork Chops in Brandy Mushroom Sauce.