Do you ever have trouble with dry, tough pork chops? This simple recipe for Panko Crusted Pork Chops will guarantee you great tasting pork chops that are tender and juicy!
I use panko bread crumbs for adding an extra crisp coating to the pork chops. Cooking time on Panko Crusted Pork Chops can vary quite a bit depending on the thickness of your pork chops. If using thin pork chops, pan frying on the stove top should be all that is required, but if I’m making thicker pork chops I usually pan fry until they are golden brown on the outside, then transfer to a 350º oven to complete cooking. One of the best kitchen tools I ever invested in was a digital meat thermometer. It takes the guess work out of cooking meat to correct temperature.
Panko Crusted Pork Chops
Author: Laureen King
- 4 thick cut pork chops
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp. milk
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- olive oil for frying
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Set up 3 stations, I use pie plates for this.
- Station 1 - flour
- Station 2- mix together eggs and milk
- Station 3 - mix together panko bread crumbs, paprika, garlic powder, thyme, salt & pepper
- Heat olive oil to large frying pan.
- Dust pork chops with flour, shake off excess.
- Immediately dip into egg mixture.
- Then press into bread crumb mixture ensuring good coating of bread crumbs.
- Brown pork chops medium heat just until golden brown on each side.
- Transfer to baking pan to finish cooking in the oven for thicker cut pork chops.
- Cook at 350º for 30-40 minutes or internal temperature of 165 degrees.
Enjoy these other pork chop recipes, Pork Chops Cordon Bleu and Pork Chops in Brandy Mushroom Sauce.