This recipe for Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin Medallions makes tender juicy pork that is lightly seasoned.
Pork tenderloin is a great lean cut of meat, just make sure you don't over-cook it, as it will become dry and tough. One of my most used kitchen tools is a meat thermometer. It takes the guess work out of cooking meat to the perfect temperature. I cook pork tenderloin until it reaches an internal temperature of 165º.
Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin Medallions
- 1 strip of pork tenderloin cut into 6 2 inch medallions
- 6-12 strips of bacon
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp oregano
- salt and pepper
- Cut pork tenderloin into 6 medallions about 2 inches thick.
- Season with garlic powder, onion salt, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Wrap with bacon so sides are covered. Secure with a toothpick.
- Preheat BBQ.
- Place medallions on one side of BBQ, sear for about 1 minute (bacon with flare up so watch that it doesn't burn. Turn burner off on the side of meat, leaving other burner on high.(indirect cooking), grill for about 10 minutes, flip and repeat process for other side.
- Cook meat until internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- For oven method preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place pork on grilling rack.
- Bake 30 minutes or until internal temperature of 165 degrees.
You may also want to try my Homemade Jack Daniel's BBQ Sauce on these pork tenderloins!