This super easy recipe bakes up some terrific tasting Old Fashioned Shortbread Cookies, just like Grandma used to make!
Christmas Baking got to be a whole lot more entertaining when my friend Wanda came over to bake her family recipe for Old Fashioned Shortbread Cookies. So while sipping on some Cosmopolitans and playing festive Holiday tunes we proceeded to make a mess of my kitchen making these awesome shortbread cookies. Her family has been making this recipes for 3 generations.
This shortbread cookie recipe is so easy to make with only 4 ingredients! A great recipe for using decorative cookie presses and topping with candied decorations or cherries.
Wanda who is a consultant for The Pampered Chef came over fully loaded with all kinds of amazing things to bake with like her well used Pampered Chef baking sheet.
Old Fashioned Shortbread Cookies
This super easy recipe bakes up some terrific tasting Old Fashioned Shortbread Cookies, just like Grandma used to make!Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 2 dozen
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups butter room temperature
- 1 cup icing sugar confectioners sugar
- 1 cup cornstarch
- Beat butter in mixer until fluffy.
- Add flour, icing sugar and cornstarch.
- Beat together until soft and fluffy.
- Scoop onto baking sheets and flatten with a fork or decorative cookie press.
- Add candied cherries or decorative candy sprinkles or silver balls.
- Bake at 375º for 10 minutes or until cookies just start to brown.
recipe courtesy of Wanda Corcoran
My friend Wanda enjoying some Holiday cheer and freshly baked cookies!
Enjoy these other great cookie recipes, Mom’s Whipped Shortbread Cookies