Cardamom and orange zest make this Cardamom Spice Sugar Cookie one of the best tasting sugar cookies ever!
I love decorating sugar cookies, but always found I didn’t like the taste of them, so after many batches of cookie experiments I’ve come up with a Cardamom Spice Sugar Cookie that tastes awesome. I decorated my cookies with Royal Icing and used a Brush Embroidery technique to make the pretty flowers. The best way to learn this cookie decorating technique is to watch a video. I have not ventured into the world of videos so here’s the link to a cookie decorating master, Amber Spiegel of SweetAmbs
Cardamom Spice Sugar Cookie
Cook Time: 9 minutes
Total Time: 9 minutes
Servings: 3 dozen
The subtle hint of Cardamom and orange zest makes this Cardamom Spice Sugar Cookie the best tasting sugar cookie you'll ever bake.Print Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups softened butter (not melted, just room temp)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 vanilla bean opened and seeds scraped out
- 2 eggs + extra yolk
- 1 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1 tbsp grated orange zest
- 3 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- Sift together flour, salt and cardamom spice.
- Using electric mixer beat butter and sugar together until fluffy, about 5 mins.
- Add vanilla bean and orange zest mix well.
- Add eggs and combine well.
- Slowly add the flour mix a bit at a time.
- Separate dough into 2 separate pieces. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- When ready to bake preheat oven to 375 degrees and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- On floured work surface roll disk out to 1/8 to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut out with cookie cutter shape of your choice and transfer to baking sheet.
- Bake 6-9 minutes (just until edges start to brown).
- Cool completely and decorate with Royal Icing.
Click here: How to make Royal Icing
Your support of my blog is greatly appreciated!
MY LATEST VIDEOS