These Pumpkin Spice Halloween Cookies decorated with spider webs make a very yummy Halloween Treat. Great for your Halloween party or package as a homemade Halloween treat to hand out to those scary Trick-or-Treaters.
Halloween has always been a very fun time around our house. Planning what to wear for costumes, sometimes starting weeks early sewing clown costumes or hunting at the Goodwill store for just the right accessories. Decorating the house to prepare for the many Trick or Treaters that would soon be banging on the door. This year I decided to make some Pumpkin Spice Halloween Cookies and Halloween Cake Pops. The recipe I used is one of my favourite sugar cookie recipe flavoured with pumpkin spice and decorated with Royal Icing.
Pumpkin Spice Halloween Cookies
These Pumpkin Spice Halloween Cookies decorated with spider webs make a very yummy Halloween Treat.Print Rate
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 8 minutes
Servings: 3 dozen
- 1 1/2 cups butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 vanilla bean opened and seeds scraped out
- 2 eggs + 1 extra yolk
- 2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 3 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- Sift together flour, salt and pumpkin spice.
- Using electric mixer beat the butter and sugar together until fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add vanilla bean, mix well, then add eggs. Beat to combine.
- Add flour mix a bit at a time, mix until combined.
- Separate dough into 3 disks, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Flour work surface and roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Using desired cookie cutter cut cookies and transfer to cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. (edges just starting to brown)
- Cook completely on cookie sheets before moving.
- Decorate with Royal Icing.
Even Yoda likes these cookies!
These Halloween Cake Pops also make a terrific party treat!.