Pumpkin Spice Halloween Cookies are delicious cookies decorated with royal icing for a very yummy homemade Halloween Treat.
Pumpkin Spice Cookies are terrific for a Halloween party or homemade Halloween treat. Package them in individual gift bags for all your special Trick-or-Treaters. These cookies make perfect cut out cookies with the wonderful flavor of pumpkin spice. Decorating cookies is easy with these easy to follow instructions, How to Decorate Cookies with Royal Icing.
Halloween has always been a very fun time around our house. Planning what to wear for costumes is also so much fun. Sometimes we start weeks early sewing clown costumes or hunting at the second hand store for just the right accessories. Another favorite activity is decorating the house to prepare for the many Trick or Treaters that would soon be banging on the door. As well as Pumpkin Spice cookies I like to make some Halloween Cake Pops.
Pumpkin Spice Halloween Cookies
Pumpkin Spice Halloween Cookies are the perfect pumpkin spice sugar cookie. Decorated with royal icing spider webs.Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 28 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 vanilla bean opened and seeds scraped out
- 2 eggs + 1 extra yolk
- 2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 3 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- Sift together flour, salt and pumpkin spice.
- Using electric mixer beat the butter and sugar together until fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add vanilla bean, mix well, then add eggs. Beat to combine.
- Add flour mix a bit at a time, mix until combined.
- Separate dough into 3 disks, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Flour work surface and roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Using desired cookie cutter cut cookies and transfer to cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. (edges just starting to brown)
- Cook completely on cookie sheets before moving.
- Decorate with Royal Icing.
Recipe for Royal Icing
Calories: 152kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 136mg | Potassium: 20mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 250IU | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 1mg
Even Yoda likes these cookies!