Everyone needs a great chocolate chip cookie recipe and this recipe for Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies is by far my favourite!
This recipe for Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies makes a cookie that is crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside. Adding oatmeal and a high proportion of brown sugar give these cookies that perfect chewy texture.
Nothing beats a great homemade cookie fresh out of the oven! Do you have special memories from your childhood of your Mom or Grandma baking cookies? Peeking through the oven window eagerly anticipating that first bite of a cookie. This recipe makes about 3 dozen cookies, so if your family doesn't gobble them up instantly, pack some in an airtight container and freeze them!
Tips for making the perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- The butter should be soft (room temperature) not melted. If your butter is too soft cookies will be oily.
- The eggs should also be a room temperature.
- Cream butter and sugars for 2-3 minutes until its fluffy before adding eggs.
- I use a spring-loaded scoop to make cookies that are uniformly sized.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. This helps cookies from getting too browned on the bottom and sticking.
- Do not over bake, cookies will continue to bake a bit after they are taken out of the oven.
- Leave cookies to cool on cookie sheet slightly before transferring to avoid them breaking apart.
Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups large flake oatmeal not instant cook type
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In bowl mix together flour, oatmeal, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Using standing mixer or electric mixer on medium speed cream butter until light and fluffy. About 2 minutes.
- Add sugars and beat until combined, about another 2 minutes.
- Add eggs and vanilla, mix until combined.
- Turn mixer to low speed then gradually add flour mixture. Mix just until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Using ice-cream scoop place cookie dough on baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for about 12-14 minutes until cookies are lightly browned. Allow to cool slightly on baking sheet before transferring to cooling rack.