Strawberry Rhubarb Mousse Pie combines the sensational flavours of tart rhubarb and sweet strawberries into a light and creamy mousse pie.
I'm excited to be working with Tenderflake for this awesome recipe for Strawberry Rhubarb Mousse Pie. I have been using Tenderflake® products for years. After trying many pre-made pie shells Tenderflake is my go to brand, I can always count on it to deliver the best tasting, flakiest piecrust every time! We usually think of graham crusts for no bake pie, but Tenderflake is a perfect base for all your no-bake pies. It stays flaky, is easy to work with, contains O grams of trans fat, and is so convenient.
The filling for this pie is a creamy and light mousse with the outstanding flavour combination of rhubarb and strawberry. The tangy taste of rhubarb always reminds me of my Grandmother's garden on the farm. If we ever wanted a sweet treat to snack on, Gramma would send us out to the garden to cut some fresh rhubarb, and give us a small bowl of sugar for dipping, this was her version of candy!
Strawberry Rhubarb Mouse Pie starts off with pre-baking a store-bought pie shell. Next, I made a delicious puree of strawberry and rhubarb. The puree is then combined with cream cheese and whipped cream to form a light and creamy mouse filling.
Ingredients used for this tasty pie.
In large saucepan cook rhubarb, strawberries, sugar and water until fruit softens and falls apart.
Pour mixture through strainer to drain out syrup.
In small bowl, soften gelatine, then stir into puree.
Set bowl over ice to cool mixture, stirring until cooled to room temperature. (do not allow to set)
In large bowl, beat together cream cheese, cream, ¼ cup sugar and vanilla.
Beat until mixture forms stiff peaks.
Fold strawberry rhubarb puree into cream cheese mixture.
Spread mousse evenly into pre-baked pie shell
Refrigerate for at least 3 hours until set. Decorate with some candied rhubarb slices and whipped cream.
Strawberry Rhubarb Mousse Pie
- 1 Tenderflake Pie Shell
- 1 lb fresh rhubarb about 4 cups, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 lb fresh strawberries about 4 cups
- 11/4 cup sugar
- ¼ cup water for puree ¼ cup water to soften gelatine
- 3 teaspoon unflavored gelatine
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- ¾ cup cold heavy cream plus additional cup for whipping to decorate pie
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Use fork to gently pierce holes on bottom of crust.
- Bake Tenderflake pie shell for approximately 13 - 15 minutes until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- In large heavy bottomed saucepan combine rhubarb, strawberries, 1 cup sugar and ¼ cup water.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and continue to simmer, stirring occasionally until fruit falls apart and sauce reduces to about 4 cups. About 20– 25 minutes.
- Pour mixture into a large sieve set over a bowl to drain syrup. Save syrup for other uses or even to drizzle over pie when serving.
- In small bowl sprinkle 3 teaspoons unflavored gelatin into ¼ cup water and let soften for 1 minute, then stir into hot strawberry/rhubarb pulp until dissolved.
- Set bowl on larger bowl filled with ice, stir mixture until cooled to room temperature. (do not allow to set)
- In separate bowl beat together cream cheese, ¾ cup heavy cream, ¼ cup sugar and vanilla until forms stiff peaks.
- Fold cooled strawberry-rhubarb puree into cream cheese mixture.
- Spread evenly into pre-baked pie shell.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours until set.
- Decorate with candied rhubarb slices and serve with whipped cream
This post was brought to you on behalf of Tenderflake®
*I was compensated for this post and as usual all opinions expressed are my own!
Leave a Reply