These beautiful Easter Cookies start with a tasty vanilla bean sugar cookie recipe and are then decorated with royal icing.
I love baking and decorating beautiful cut out sugar cookies and my collection of cookies cutters continues to grow. These flower and butterfly cookie cutters are terrific for a spring or Easter cookies. The sugar cookie recipe is flavoured with vanilla bean and make cookies that cut out perfectly with great edges. I decorated them with Royal Icing; check out my easy to follow step by step instructions for decorating cookies with Royal Icing here.
Beautiful, tasty sugar cookies that are decorated with royal icingPrint Rate
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 2 dozen
- 1 1/2 cups butter room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 vanilla bean opened and seeds scraped out
- 2 eggs + 1 extra yolk
- 3 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- Sift together flour and salt
- Using an electric mixer beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla bean, mix well then add eggs. Beat to combine.
- Slowly add the flour mix until the dough is smooth. Don't overwork dough.
- Separate the dough and wrap it in 3 separate pieces. Place in the refrigerator and chill for at least one hour.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 375º F, line several cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Remove one disk at a time. Flour a work surface and roll the disk out to 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick. Dust cookie cutter with flour and cut into desired shapes.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes. (edges just starting to brown)
- Cool completely on the cookie sheets before moving.
- Decorate with Royal Icing
For Royal Icing step by step instructions click here.
Check out my Cardamom Spice Sugar Cookies for another great sugar cookie recipe.