Beautifully decorated Easter Cookies are a tasty vanilla bean sugar cookie that is decorated with royal icing.
I enjoy baking and decorating sugar cookies for special occasions. I have a wonderful collection of cookies cutters and my collection is continually growing. These flower and butterfly cookies are perfect for a spring or Easter treat. This sugar cookie recipe I flavoured with fresh vanilla bean. A great sugar cookie recipe that makes cookies which cut out perfectly with great edges. I then decorated these cookies with Royal Icing. Check out my easy to follow step by step instructions for Decorating cookies with Royal Icing.
Beautiful, tasty sugar cookies that are decorated with royal icing
- 1 ½ cups butter room temperature
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 vanilla bean opened and seeds scraped out
- 2 eggs + 1 extra yolk
- 3 ¾ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Sift together flour and salt.
- Using an electric mixer beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla bean, mix well then add eggs. Beat to combine.
- Slowly add the flour mix until the dough is smooth. Don't overwork dough.
- Separate the dough and wrap it in 3 separate pieces. Place in the refrigerator and chill for at least one hour.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 375º F, line several cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Remove one disk at a time. Flour a work surface and roll the disk out to ⅛ to ¼ inch thick. Dust cookie cutter with flour and cut into desired shapes.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes. (edges just starting to brown)
- Cool completely on the cookie sheets before moving.
- Decorate with Royal Icing
Calories: 226kcalCarbohydrates: 27gProtein: 2gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 203mgPotassium: 29mgSugar: 12gVitamin A: 375IUCalcium: 8mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Reply