These Valentine’s Day Cookies are beautifully decorated using a brush embroidery technique. The sugar cookie recipe is amazing tasting Cardamom Orange!
I love decorating cookies for Valentine’s Day. They make the perfect edible treat to package nicely and give as gifts. Making the beautiful design on these cookies is not difficult. I learned how to make these gorgeous cookies from a video by a very talented cookie decorator Sweetambs. She makes the most gorgeous cookies. You can check out her easy to follow tutorials here.
These sugar cookies taste amazing and you will love the subtle hint of cardamom and orange zest flavoring. Royal Icing was used to decorate the cookies. Check out my great tutorial on how to make perfect Royal Icing.
Valentine's Day Cookies
Great tasting, beautifully decorated cookies for Valentines DayPrint Pin Rate
Prep Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Cook Time: 9 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 39 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups butter room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 vanilla bean opened and seeds scraped out
- 2 eggs + 1 extra yolk
- 1 tbsp grated orange zest
- 1 1/2 tsp cardamom spice
- 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- Sift together flour, salt & cardamom spice.
- Using an electric mixer beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy about 5 minutes.
- Add vanilla bean, mix well then add eggs and orange zest. Beat to combine.
- Slowly add the flour mix until the dough is smooth.
- Separate the dough and wrap it in 3 separate pieces. Place in the fridge and chill for at least one hour.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350º F. Line several cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Remove one disk at a time. Flour a work surface and roll the disk out to 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick. (The more times you roll out the dough the tougher it gets).
- Use a thin spatula to transfer the cookies onto the baking sheets.
- Bake for 6-9 minutes. (edges just starting to brown)
- Cool completely on the cookie sheets before moving.
Calories: 151kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 135mg | Potassium: 19mg | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 5% | Vitamin C: 0.3% | Calcium: 0.6% | Iron: 3.7%
Another beautiful cookie that I love to make for Valentine’s Day are Stained Glass Valentine Cookies
Package up for a tasty Valentine’s Day gift.