It is so easy to make delicious, fresh homemade donuts using your bread machine.
Easy Bread Machine Donuts are light and fluffy just like the ones from your favourite bakery. Sprinkle with plain white sugar, icing sugar, dip in chocolate or decorate with frosting and sprinkles. So let’s pull out that bread machine that doesn’t get used enough and whip up a batch of yummy homemade donuts!
Below are easy to follow instructions with step by step photos. If you want to skip right to the recipe, simply scroll down bottom of page. Butter, water and egg should be at room temperature and the milk slightly warm (microwave for a few seconds). Place all ingredients into bread machine pan in the following order: milk, water, butter, egg, sugar, salt, flour and yeast. Do not Stir! Set the bread machine to Dough Cycle and start.
When cycle is complete you will have soft risen dough perfect for making donuts!
Dust hands with flour, remove dough from bread machine and place on lightly floured surface.
Dust rolling pin with flour and roll dough to 1/2 inch thickness.
Dust donut cutter or circle cookie cutter with flour and cut into perfect donut circles.
Transfer to baking sheet lined with wax paper. Place another layer of wax paper on top, then cover with tea towel. Let dough rise for 30-40 minutes until slightly raised.
While donuts are rising heat vegetable oil to 375º (190ºC) in deep fryer or large heavy pot. Fry 2-3 donuts at a time until golden brown on both sides.
Drain on paper towel. Sprinkle with granulated or confectioners sugar.
These Easy Bread Machine Donuts will fly off the plate!!
Bread Machine Donuts
- 2/3 cups milk slightly warmed
- 1/4 cup water room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter soft (room temperature)
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups bread machine flour
- 2 1/2 tsp bread machine yeast
- 1 quart oil for deep frying
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar optional
- Place milk, water, butter, egg, sugar, salt, flour and yeast into bread machine pan in exact order listed. Do not stir!
- Insert baking pan securely into baking unit, close lid, select dough setting and push start.
- When cycle is complete, remove dough from pan and transfer to lightly floured surface.
- Using rolling pin lightly dusted with flour, roll dough to ½ inch thickness.
- Cut with floured dusted donut cutter or circle cookie cutter.
- Transfer donuts to baking sheet that has been covered with wax paper. Place another layer of wax paper on top, then cover with clean tea towel. Let rise 30-40 minutes until slightly raised.
- While donuts are rising heat vegetable oil to 375º (190ºCº) in deep fryer or large heavy pot.
- Fry donuts 2-3 at a time until golden brown on both sides. About 3 minutes.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Sprinkle with granulated or confectioners sugar
Another great recipe using your bread machine to try is this one for homemade Bread Machine Bagels
Here’s a great image to save to pinterest