The smell of apples and cinnamon baking in the oven will have them all rushing to the kitchen to see what you've made. Oven Baked Apple French Toast is the perfect recipe for brunch as you can make it the night before, then pop it into the oven in the morning.
Oven Baked Apple French Toast
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 2 tablespoon . corn syrup
- 3 apples peeled and sliced
- 2 teaspoon . cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 vanilla bean
- 6 slices French bread ¾" thick
- In saucepan, melt butter, add brown sugar and syrup. Cook 5-7 minutes.
- Pour into 9x13 baking pan.
- Arrange slices apples on top, sprinkle with cinnamon.
- In bowl beat eggs, milk and vanilla together.
- Dip slices of bread into egg mixture, then place over apples.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Bake uncovered 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
Peel and slice 3-4 apples.
Cook butter, sugar and syrup on stovetop for 5-7 minutes.