Perfect for Sunday Brunch, this recipe for Oven Baked Apple French Toast is easy to prepare and you can make it the night before!
The smell of apples and cinnamon baking in the oven will have them all rushing to the kitchen to see what you've made. Oven Baked Apple French Toast is the perfect recipe for brunch as you can make it the night before, then pop it into the oven in the morning.
How to make apple French Toast
Cook butter, sugar and syrup on stovetop for 5-7 minutes.
Pour syrup mixture into baking pan.
Peel and slice 3-4 apples.
Arrange apple slice on top of caramel sauce, sprinkle with cinnamon.
Slice bread ¾ inch thick.
Beat eggs, milk and vanilla together. Dip bread to cover both sides. Let bread soak up a good amount of egg mixture.
Place bread on top of apples. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
Cover with plastic wrap, refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight. Bake uncovered in oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30-40 minutes.
Oven Baked Apple French Toast
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 3 apples peeled and sliced
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 slices French bread ¾ inch slices
- In saucepan, melt butter, add brown sugar and syrup. Cook 5-7 minutes.
- Pour into 9x13 baking pan.
- Arrange slices apples on top, sprinkle with cinnamon.
- In bowl beat eggs, milk and vanilla together.
- Dip slices of bread into egg mixture, then place over apples.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Bake uncovered 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.