This is a terrific gluten free version of one of my favourite oatmeal cookie recipes. I used special ground gluten free flour I bought at a whole foods market.
Gluten Free Hemp Chia Seed Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 1/3 cups gluten free flour
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free oatmeal
- 3/4 cup organic coconut
- 1/4 cup hemp seed
- 1/4 cup chia seed
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries raisins or chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 vanilla bean scraped
- Combine flour, oatmeal, coconut, chia seed, hemp seed, cranberries, baking powder, baking soda, salt and xanthan gum together.
- In large mixing bowl beat together butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add vanilla and egg, combine well.
- Gradually add flour mixture into butter mixture, combine well.
- Use a ice cream scoop to get cookies same size, flatten slightly with fork.
- Refrigerate for about 15 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.