I entered my very first baking contest with this recipe for Gluten Free Hemp Chia Seed Oatmeal Cookies and WON!
This is a terrific gluten free version of one of my favourite oatmeal cookie recipes. I used special ground gluten free flour I bought at a whole foods market.
The hemp and chia seed add sensational flavour and a nice crunch to these Gluten Free Oatmeal Cookies.
Gluten Free Hemp Chia Seed Oatmeal Cookies
A best ever recipe for Gluten Free Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 ⅓ cups gluten free flour
- 1 ½ cups gluten free oatmeal
- ¾ cup organic coconut
- ¼ cup hemp seed
- ¼ cup chia seed
- ½ cup dried cranberries raisins or chocolate chips
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp xanthan gum
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 vanilla bean scraped
- Combine flour, oatmeal, coconut, chia seed, hemp seed, cranberries, baking powder, baking soda, salt and xanthan gum together.
- In large mixing bowl beat together butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add vanilla and egg, combine well.
- Gradually add flour mixture into butter mixture, combine well.
- Use a ice cream scoop to get cookies same size, flatten slightly with fork.
- Refrigerate for about 15 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!