My family’s Thanksgiving meal always concludes with pumpkin or Apple pie. Most of the time it is a small piece of both. Ok, so who am I kidding, we put on our stretchy pants and devour a big slice of both.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie
- 12 oz cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 can can pumpkin 15oz
- 2/3 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice
- ¾ cup half and half or light cream
- 2 cups whipping cream for topping
- 1 graham pie crust for large deep pie plate
- Prepare your favorite graham pie crust in large deep pie plate.
- Preheat oven 350.
- In large mixing bowl combine cream cheese, ¼ cup sugar, and 1 egg. Beat on medium low speed until smooth.
- Spread cream cheese mixture into graham pie crust.
- In mixing bowl combine pumpkin, brown sugar, pumpkin spice.
- Mix in 4 eggs one at a time.
- Gradually stir in half and half cream. Mix until smooth and combined.
- Slowly pour pumpkin mixture on cheese cake layer.
- Cover pie edge with foil to prevent over browning.
- Bake about 1 hour or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack. Cover and refrigerate.
- Top with whipped cream prior to serving.