Prosciutto wrapped burgers are combine a perfectly seasoned ground beef mix and a topping of prosciutto. A great burger for summer grilling.
Prosciutto adds terrific flavor to this well seasoned burger recipe. You may even like to add another layer of flavor with my Jack Daniel's BBQ Sauce.
Be sure to try some of these great side dishes with your burgers.
Prosciutto Wrapped Burgers
- 1 ½ lb lean ground beef
- ½ cup finely chopped onions
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- ½ cup Italian flavoured breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 12 slices prosciutto
- Add onions, garlic, tomato paste, salt and pepper to ground beef, mix together.
- Add bread crumbs, mixed until combined.
- Add egg (slightly beaten), combine.
- Form into burgers.
- Cover with overlapping layers of prosciutto.
- Grill on BBQ medium heat or bake 350º in oven for approximately 30 minutes or internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Makes 4 large or 6 medium burgers