A tasty burger recipe, Prosciutto Wrapped Burgers are perfect for your summer grilling.
This is an awesome recipe for flavouring up hamburgers that you can cook up on the grill or bake in the oven. Prosciutto adds terrific flavour to this well seasoned burger recipe. If you like add slather on BBQ sauce like my favourite recipe Homemade Jack Daniels BBQ Sauce.
Prosciutto Wrapped Burgers
A tasty recipe for homemade burgers topped with prosciuttoPrint Rate
Servings: 4 -6
- 1 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup Italian flavoured breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 egg
- 12 slices prosciutto
- Add onions, garlic, tomato paste, salt and pepper to ground beef, mix together.
- Add bread crumbs, mixed until combined.
- Add egg (slightly beaten), combine.
- Form into burgers.
- Cover with overlapping layers of prosciutto.
- Grill on BBQ medium heat or bake 350º in oven for approximately 30 minutes or internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Makes 4 large or 6 medium burgers
Be sure to try some of these great side dishes with your burgers.