Today I made wonderful Veggie Frittata in individual serving dishes. Frittatas are simply quiche without the crust, omelettes baked in a pan, or in my case eggs with what ever vegetables I could find in the fridge.
Baked Veggie Frittata
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1 cup chopped red yellow and orange peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded gruyere cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In skillet heat olive oil, add all of the vegetables and sauté until tender but still firm.
- In bowl whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Divide vegetables into individual serving pans and spread evenly.
- Pour egg mixture over vegetables, do not stir.
- Bake in oven at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes.
- Turn oven to broil, top frittata with shredded cheese and bake until melted.