Sometimes I think my family looks forward to having leftovers more than the actual festive Turkey Dinner. I'm not sure I can even call my Leftover Turkey Dinner Pie a recipe because its simply taking all those delicious leftovers and making them into a tasty layered Turkey Pie. Tired of turkey, no problem, this freezes great! If you find you are short of stuffing, simply make a box of pre-packaged stuffing to add to any leftover stuffing you have, same with the gravy.
Start with any leftover Turkey and vegetables you have, and mix in the leftover gravy. No leftover gravy? No problem simply use a packaged mix. Place in bottom of baking pan or deep dish pie plate.
Next top with leftover stuffing.
The last layer is your leftover mashed potatoes. If you like add some grated cheese the last 10 minutes of baking.
Bake for 45-60 minutes until heated through. This Leftover Turkey Dinner Pie freezes great!
Leftover Turkey Dinner Pie
- 3-4 cups cooked turkey cut into cubes
- 1 ½ cups gravy or 1 package of gravy mix prepared per directions
- 1 cup cooked carrots sliced
- 3-4 cups stuffing use leftover stuffing or package stuffing prepared per directions
- 2-3 cups mashed potatoes
- 2 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper to season
- In large bowl mix together turkey, carrots, and gravy.
- Season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Pour into large pie plate.
- Spread stuffing evenly on top of turkey.
- Top with mashed potato layer. (add mashed potatoes in dollops and then spread, this prevents it from mixing into the stuffing layer)
- Bake 350º for 45-60 minutes
- Set oven to broil.
- Melt butter and brush top of pie, broil until top of pie is nicely browned.
Another recipe you may enjoy for leftover turkey is Turkey Enchilada Casserole