This quick and easy beef stew uses left over roast beef, a great tasting stew that is ready in 30 minutes.
My family loves beef stew and I make it often. Usually making beef stew is a long process of browning the meat, sautéing vegetables and then cooking to savoury perfection. Want to speed things up and still make the ultimate comfort food of beef stew, then you will love this recipe for Quick and Easy Beef Stew! A terrific way to use your leftover roast beef and vegetables. Check out my Slow Cooker Roast Beef recipe that makes perfect leftovers for this recipe.
I should call this recipe “Leftover Beef Stew” because that is exactly what the ingredient list consists of. I had made a large roast beef dinner and had an abundance of leftovers, so I decided to use all my leftovers to create a fast and simple beef stew. Approximately 30 minutes to make a beef stew that was amazing! I had leftover carrots and potatoes, but if you need to use fresh just extend the cooking time. Throw in whatever vegetables you like such as corn, green or yellow beans, peas, carrots, potatoes, or mushrooms. I was amazed at how scrumptious this recipe tasted!
Quick and Easy Beef Stew
This quick and easy beef stew uses left over roast beef, a great tasting stew that is ready in 30 minutes.Print Rate
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1-2 lbs leftover Roast Beef cut into cubes
- 2 cups carrots chopped into bite size pieces I used leftover carrots
- 3 cups potatoes cut into bite size pieces used leftover potatoes
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 package beef gravy mix I used a peppercorn brown gravy mix
- 1 1/4 cup water
- In large Dutch oven heat olive oil.
- Add onions,garlic and mushrooms, cook until golden brown.
- Add water and gravy mix, and whisk until there are no clumps.
- Stir in roast beef.
- Add all the vegetables and heat just until gravy bubbles.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and transfer to oven.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. Increase time if using fresh potatoes and carrots and cook until tender.
Check out this terrific recipe for Slow Cooker Roast Beef
MY LATEST VIDEOS