Some meatballs recipes can be dry and boring, but My Favourite Italian Kitchen Meatballs recipe makes the best meatballs ever! The flavour is exceptional with the addition of ingredients such as Grana Padano cheese, white wine, rosemary and surprisingly, lemon zest. This fantastic meatball recipe is from Luca Manfe, the winner of Season 4 MasterChef.
Favourite Italian Meatballs
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup Grana Padano cheese grated
- 1/2 cup onion finely chopped
- 4 tsp garlic minced
- 2 tbsp white wine
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/3 cup parsley fresh finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon zest grated
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 ciabatta roll cubed
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Place cubed bread in bowl, add milk (enough to cover bread). Set aside 20-30 minutes until bread is soggy.
- In bowl combine together cheese, onion, garlic, wine, eggs, parsley, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- Place ground beef in large bowl, add wet ingredients and combine together.
- Squeeze milk from bread, then combine into beef mixture.
- Form into desired size of meatballs.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet, medium high heat.
- Add rosemary sprigs, then meatballs.
- Sear all sides of meatballs cooking until done, do not turn until each side is well seared or meatballs will fall apart.
- Serve with your favourite pasta, rice or mashed potatoes.
For another tasty recipe using ground beef how about trying this great meatloaf recipe Sicilian Meatloaf