Coconut Curry Chicken is packed with delicious curry flavor. A simple chicken recipe that is quick and easy to make!
Coconut Chicken Curry is deliciously seasoned with mild curry paste and coconut milk. A full all-in-one meal with veggies and rice and chicken. This easy to make dish freezes very well so you may want to double the recipe.
This top-notch recipe was perfect for utilizing the Meal Mugs I received from CorningWare. These mugs make cooking up memorable meals as easy as 1, 2, 3. My son loves using Meal Mugs to take to work so he can enjoy a hot lunch by simply heating in the microwave.
Coconut Curry Chicken
- 1 cup uncooked rice I used Jasmine
- 16 oz skinless chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 cups julienned carrots can also be diced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 can coconut milk 14oz/400ml
- 2 tbsp mild curry paste
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 cups frozen peas
- ½ cup roasted peanuts chopped
- Cook rice.
- Preheat oven to 350º
- While rice is cooking, prepare chicken curry.
- Cut chicken into small bite sized pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
- In large skillet, heat 1 tbsp. of oil. Add chicken and onions.
- Cook until onions translucent and chicken is browned.
- Add garlic, ginger and carrots; cooking for an addition 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in chicken stock, coconut milk, curry paste, fish sauce and lime juice. Combine well.
- Stir in peas and rice, then divide equally into 4 CorningWare Meal Mugs, or 3 quart casserole dish.
- Cover with aluminium foil or casserole lid.
- Bake 350º for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with roasted peanuts
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by CorningWare. I have been compensated for this post but as always the opinions expressed are my own. Thanks for supporting brands that make Art and the Kitchen possible.
Here's another great curry recipe to enjoy that is vegetarian Chickpea Curry