Chickpea Curry is a vegetarian dish that packs a ton of flavour! Even the meat eaters in your family will love this recipe!
This recipe for Chickpea Curry was inspired by a dear friend of mine, Jennifer. Jennifer invited me to her house for lunch and prepared an awesome vegetarian curry. This inspired me to create Chickpea Curry for my son's vegetarian girlfriend, Brittney, who was coming to visit us for the weekend. After a bit of experimenting I came up with a recipe that everyone absolutely loved.
This past year I've had the joy of reconnecting with some old and very dear friends, one of them being my high school bud, Jennifer. Getting together and reminiscing about the past was an absolute blast! Jennifer and I were inseparable in high school, two crazy gals always looking for an adventure. I had saved a box of letters and notes we had written to each other and reading them had us laughing until our sides hurt. Were we really that weird and crazy? (oh ya) Jennifer is a life coach (check out her website"What Now Life Coaching") and also a vegetarian. I would like to include more vegetarian meals into family dinners and with Jennifer's coaching I'm sure to come up with some tasty recipes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onions chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger minced
- 2 cups carrots julienned
- 1 can (19oz) chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 can (14oz) coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon mild curry paste
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 ½ cups frozen peas
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In large skillet, heat olive oil
- Add onions and cook until translucent.
- Add carrots, garlic and ginger; cooking for additional 3-4 minutes
- Stir in chickpeas, vegetable stock, coconut milk, curry paste, fish sauce and lime juice.
- Simmer over medium heat for about 15 minutes.
- Stir in peas and cook for additional 5 minutes.
- Thicken sauce by combining 1 tablespoon cornstarch with 1 tablespoon water. Turn up heat and stir slurry into curry, simmer for 10 minutes until thickened.
- Serve over rice, quinoa or pasta.
thanks for the inspiration Jenn!