This recipe for Spinach Sausage Pasta makes a great family meal that you can prepare in under 30 minutes.
I used an all beef smoked sausage for this recipe. You can use any type of lean sausage including turkey sausage. The sauce is rich and creamy, perfect for topping your favourite pasta.
Spinach Sausage Pasta
- 14 oz smoked sausage sliced into pieces
- ¾ cup onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- 10 oz pasta
- salt and pepper
- In large skillet cook sausage until done and browned. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- In same skillet add onions and cook until translucent. If there is not enough fat from sausage add a bit of olive oil.
- Add garlic and cook for additional 2 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth, scraping those delicious bits off bottom of pan.
- Add tomatoes and heavy cream.
- Add sausage into sauce and stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper. (I didn't need to use any salt as sausage was salty enough)
- Heat until sauce comes to boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions.
- Once sauce has simmered for about 20 minutes stir in parmesan cheese.
- Add spinach and stir until cooked and wilted,
- serve over pasta