Asian Shrimp Veggie Pasta is nutritious, healthy and so easy to make. Great super food vegetables such as cabbage and kale combined with shrimp and pasta.
I'm making a commitment this year to start eating more vegetables! One sure fire way to get the kids (and adults) eating veggies is stir frying them into pasta dishes. Add a lean protein and you have a healthy meal everyone will love! I topped this recipe with cashews and sesame sticks, but peanuts, sunflower seeds would also taste terrific.
Asian Shrimp Veggie Pasta
- 1 lb shrimp
- 4 cups rotini pasta
- 1 cup savoy cabbage chopped
- 1 cup red cabbage chopped
- 1 cup green cabbage chopped
- 1 cup carrots shredded
- 1 cup kale chopped
- ½ cup sesame sticks optional
- ½ cup cashews optional
- ½ - ¾ cup Organic Asian Sesame Seed Dressing I like Annie's
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Cook pasta until al dente (or desired doneness)
- While pasta is cooking, heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in skillet.
- Add shrimp and cook until done.
- Remove shrimp, set aside. (keeping warm)
- In same skillet, add all the veggies and cook over medium heat until soft but still slightly crunchy. about 5-8 minutes.
- Stir shrimp and cooked pasta into veggies and cooked pasta.
- Stir in the Asian Sesame Seed dressing, cooking for additional 1-3 minutes.
- Top with sesame sticks and cashews.
Here's a great image for Pinterest