Peanut Butter Thumbprint Cookies are amazing tasting cookies that are crisp outside and soft inside. The perfect combination of chocolate and peanut butter.
Peanut Butter Thumbprint Cookies are the BEST peanut butter cookies I’ve ever baked. I’m serious! Just so I wouldn’t eat them all my husband took some to work. They were a huge hit! These cookies have a sugar coating that keeps the outside crisp and the inside soft. Each cookie is also topped with a delicious burst of flavour from Reese Peanut Butter Chocolate Spread. A whipped chocolate ganache would also taste great!
If you are a peanut butter lover be sure to try my Peanut Butter Fudge recipe as well.
Peanut Butter Thumbprint Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup Reese Peanut Butter Chocolate Spread
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar for rolling dough balls in
- Mix together flour, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- In large mixing bowl on medium speed beat together butter, peanut butter, brown and granulated sugar.
- Add milk, egg and vanilla until well combined.
- On low speed, add flour mix and combine until blended.
- Shape into small balls (about 2 tbsp. each)
- Roll in sugar and place on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Do not press down.
- Bake at 375º for 10-12 minutes
- Remove from oven and while still warm press small circle in centre. I used end of cap of vanilla bottle to do this.
- Cool completely, then fill centre with Reese Peanut Butter and Chocolate Spread.
- I piped the spread in centre using #2D decorating tip.
Great image for Pinning