No Bake Triple Layer Pumpkin Pie
- 1 pkg (8oz) Philadelphia Cream Cheese softened
- 1 cup (plus 2 tbsp) half and half cream cold
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 5 cups Cool Whip topping (thawed)
- 1 Graham Cracker Pie Crust shortbread or gingersnap is also great
- 2 pkgs Jell-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding 4-serving size
- 1 can (16oz) pure pumpkin I use E.D. Smith Brand (some brands are too runny)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- Mix cream cheese, sugar and 2 tablespoon half and half cream with wire whisk until smooth and NO lumps.
- Gently fold in 3 cups Cool Whip Topping. (make sure fully combined)
- Spread on bottom on pie crust. (do this by adding dollops over pie, then spread evenly)
- Pour 1 cup half and half cream into large mixing bowl, add both pkgs of vanilla pudding mix.
- Beat with wire whisk until blended 1 minute. (do not use mixer or it will get too thick and lumpy)
- Let stand 3 minutes.
- Stir in pumpkin and spices into pudding and mix well.
- Spread over cream cheese layer. (do this by adding dollops over pie, then spread carefully and evenly over pie, so layers don't mix together).
- Top with 2 cups Cool Whip topping.
- Refrigerate at least 3-4 hours prior to serving.
Hi Mary Jo, it is one measured cup
Excuse me while I dive headfirst into this gorgeous creation. Seriously, this is a pumpkin recipe that MUST be added to this season's to-do list. Looks INSANE!
Thank you Karly, this is the one recipe my family loves to indulge in for special holiday desserts.
My sister and I made this last night - with the gingersnap crust - and OMG it was amazing. It was pretty fun too - we were like "is it all going to fit in this pie crust?" LOL
This one is getting put in the hand-written recipe book!
Sounds like you and your sister had a great time baking together.
WHat size pie dish did you use?
Hi Melinda, I usually use a 9inch pie crust, but a larger size will work, the layers will just not be as thick.
I used really whipping cream instead of Cool Whip. It tasted much better. I made 3 8' pies and had left over for a fourth. I mixed some other ingredients to some of the pumplin and pudding and had a different taste so 2 of them were four layers. I served it at a luncheon with several no pumpkin liking people. They came back for seconds and thirds. thank you
Yes Bulla, this recipe converted my no pumpkin pie liking people as well. lol
What is sprinkled on top of the cool whip?
Hi Stephanie, I sprinkled a bit of nutmeg on top, ground cinnamon will also work.
One Tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice for single spoces in pumpkin ingredient.
You state use 1 can of pumpkin in the recipe. What size can, how many ounces? Thanks so mcuh!
hi Sharon, a 16oz size can of pumpkin (as shown in ingredient list) Hope you enjoy the recipe
I love this recipe. I did modify it a little. Instead of using half and half, I use Pumpkin Spice coffee creamer. If using the coffee creamer, do not use the spices as it would be to over powering. I also cut the amount of cool whip used down to 2 cups instead of 3 in the cream cheese layer. Sugar is optional if using the creamer in the cream cheese mix. I have used the creamer for years and people who do not like pumpkin pie loved this!!
some great adaptations Melissa!
what if ed smith brand is not available. what canned pumpkin would one use?? thank you
Hi Sharyn, use whatever you have available, but if it looks watery try straining some of the excess water out.
I made the pie this Thanksgiving, and my family is still raving about it! Now they want me to try a "chocolate version" for Christmas. We'll see how that goes.
I highly recommend using Libby's pumpkin because it's not watery at all. Thank you so much for the recipe!
Awesome Beth, have a wonderful Holiday Season
I have made this pie before and I use one package of vanilla and one package of chocolate pudding mix it makes it a chocolate pumpkin cheesecake and we love it !!! First pie to go for the holidays !!
Thanks Cindy, sounds yummy with the chocolate!