This ultimate Hearty Breakfast Skillet is loaded with bacon, sausage, potatoes, mushroom, peppers and cheese.
Hearty Breakfast Skillet also makes a great lunch or dinner meal. Add your own twist to the recipe by adding your favourite veggies, or substitute the sausage with ham. I don’t think I’ve ever made this recipe the same way twice.
- 10 breakfast sausages
- 8 strips of bacon
- 1 tbsp butter
- 11/2 cup diced potatoes
- 1/2 cup green onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped red peppers
- 11/2 cups slice fresh mushrooms
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- 11/2 cups shredded cheddar/mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet over medium heat cook sausages until done and nicely browned 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cut into 1/2 inch pieces; set aside.
- In the same pan cook bacon until crisp; cut into bite size pieces; set aside.
- In the drippings, fry potatoes until tender.
- Add onions, peppers and mushrooms; cook for 5-6 minutes, until tender-crisp.
- Add the sausage and bacon back into skillet.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper then pour into skillet.
- Cook and stir gently until the eggs are set.
- Sprinkle with cheese and cover until melted or as I like to do put skillet under oven broiler to melt cheese.
Another great breakfast or brunch recipe you will enjoy is Spring Fresh Asparagus and Gruyere Cheese Quiche