This ultimate Hearty Breakfast Skillet is loaded with bacon, sausage, potatoes, mushroom, peppers and cheese. Also makes a great lunch or dinner.
This recipe for Hearty Breakfast Skillet is one of my son’s favourite recipes. A homestyle breakfast recipe that combines my favorite breakfast ingredients into one pan. Add your own twist to the recipe by adding your favourite veggies, or substitute the sausage with ham. Leftover Slow Cooker Maple and Beer Braised Ham was a great substitution for sausage. Honestly, I don’t think I’ve ever made this recipe the same way twice.
Hearty Breakfast Skillet
This breakfast skillet is loaded and cheesy. Great for lunch as wellPrint Pin Rate
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 10 links breakfast sausages
- 8 strips of bacon
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 cups diced potatoes
- 1/2 cup green onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped red peppers
- 1 1/2 cups slice fresh mushrooms
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar/mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet over medium heat cook sausages until done and nicely browned 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cut into 1/2 inch pieces; set aside.
- In the same pan cook bacon until crisp; cut into bite size pieces; set aside.
- In the drippings, fry potatoes until tender.
- Add onions, peppers and mushrooms; cook for 5-6 minutes, until tender-crisp.
- Add the sausage and bacon back into skillet.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper then pour into skillet.
- Cook and stir gently until the eggs are set.
- Sprinkle with cheese and cover until melted or as I like to do put skillet under oven broiler to melt cheese.
Calories: 372kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 220mg | Sodium: 473mg | Potassium: 524mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1125IU | Vitamin C: 34mg | Calcium: 262mg | Iron: 3mg
Another great breakfast or brunch recipe you will enjoy is Spring Fresh Asparagus and Gruyere Cheese Quiche