Sour Cherry Antioxidant Water is infused with fresh squeezed cherries and a touch of lemon. A refreshingly tart drink.
My sour cherry tree was abundant with beautiful red cherries this year. Now what does one do with all those cherries? I find them a tad too tart to eat, but they are very tasty baked in a Sour Cherry Cobbler or made into a Sour Cherry Sauce.
Sour cherries also make a very heathy, refreshing infused water. These antioxidant loaded cherries contain phytochemical (diseases-fighting plant compounds) including anthocyanin, quercetin (a powerful antioxidant), and vitamin C. Tart cherries are also believed to have anti-inflammatory benefits, reduce pain from gout and arthritis and heart health benefits. Sour cherries, also known as tart cherries are an impressive SUPER FOOD! Fill up a pitcher of Sour Cherry Antioxidant Water and sip throughout the day.
Sour Cherry Antioxidant Water
- 2 cups Sour Cherries pitted
- ½ fresh lemon sliced thin
- 4 fresh mint leaves
- 1 quart cold filtered water
- Wash and remove pits to make approximately 2 cups cherries
- Add cherries to large pitcher and mash down a bit to release some of the juice.
- Add lemon slices and fresh mint leaves.
- Fill with water and refrigerate. Great to sip on all day. Add more water as needed.