Popovers, also referred to as Yorkshire Pudding, are a great accompaniment to a juicy roast beef or steak dinner. Here is a recipe for Quick and Easy Popovers.
Top tips to making great popovers are; make sure the oil in the pan is hot before pouring the batter in, and no peeking while popovers are baking. Rising high in the pan, crisp on the outside, fluffy on the inside is what you are looking for in the perfect popover.
Quick and Easy Popovers
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Rising high in the pan, crisp on the outside, fluffy on the inside is what you are looking for in the perfect popover.Print Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tsp butter melted
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil for greasing
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees
- In mixer (whip attachment) beat eggs, milk and salt on medium speed until well blended.
- Add melted butter.
- Change to paddle attachment and mix in flour until smooth, but don't over mix.
- Pour about 1 tbsp oil into each muffin cup.
- Place muffin tin in hot oven for a few minutes to heat oil (oil should be hot)
- Fill each cup 1/2 full with batter.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes, then reduce temperature to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes.
Try these popovers with my recipe for Red Wine and Beer Braised Short Ribs.